Skip Navigation

[Closed] Genesis Integration: Maybe I should be using Astra, GeneratePress or OceanWP?

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I am trying to disable the title and metadata and it does not work. When I choose those options, nothing happens.

Is there any documentation that you are following? Yes: https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-templates-to-display-custom-posts/?utm_source=typesplugin&utm_campaign=types&utm_medium=dashboard&utm_term=learn-how-template&utm_content=tooltip

Is there a similar example that we can see? Yes, on that tutorial. Also: hidden link

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Hello, I will be glad to help sort this out. It's possible that the child theme activated on your site is causing a conflict in the Genesis theme options for your Content Template. As a quick test, can you try activating the parent Genesis theme to see if the theme options settings for Title and Metadata begin working as expected? If so, I can take a closer look at the child theme. If not, there may be something else going on. In that case, temporarily deactivate all plugins except Toolset Blocks, Toolset Maps, and Toolset Types (if it is currently active). If the problem goes away, reactivate your child theme and other plugins one by one, testing each time, until the problem returns. This will help isolate one component as the source of this conflict, and we can continue investigating from there.

Please let me know what you find out from these tests. Thank you for your assistance!

Hi all,

Thanks for responding and forgive me for taking so long to get back to you.

I have resolved some of my issues after checking out the feasibility of changing themes and theme platforms which is always a major shift. I changed the theme back to the base Genesis theme and it did give me better results but then brought up other styling issues. I have my custom post type mostly displaying correctly at this point, but I am still trying to get the metadata to disappear. This post type should not be displaying a publishing date. Is there a setting that I am missing somewhere?

John

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi John,

Christian is currently out sick today but will return on Sunday to continue assisting with this one.

Thanks,
Shane

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 10.43.37 AM.png

Hello, have you applied a Content Template to the post where the metadata is appearing incorrectly? Edit the post and look for the "Content Template" section in the right column of the page. Is anything selected here? If not, select the Content Template you wish to apply to this post. Save the post and you should see the Content Template appear when you visit the post on the fron-end of the site. Then you can adjust the Genesis Theme Options settings for this Content Template to remove post metadata if needed. Edit the Content Template in the Block Editor or in the legacy shortcode editor, and the Genesis Theme Options should appear at the bottom of the page. Screenshot attached here. You should disable "postmeta before" here to hide the publish date that appears before the main post content.

If this isn't working as expected, please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here and I can take a closer look. Let me know which post is not displaying as expected,

The topic ‘[Closed] Genesis Integration: Maybe I should be using Astra, GeneratePress or OceanWP?’ is closed to new replies.