Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Genesis integration. I need to know which theme works best with Layouts.

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: Integrate Layouts and Genesis

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: double menus, heading areas. Overlapping items.

When I frist install Genesis and the child theme, everything work as expected. Once I install Genesis Toolset Integration, the enter upper area of the page gets messed up with double items, overlapping menus. I attempted to remove those items from the Layouts Master Page to only get the ones in the Theme, it did not solve the issue. I I changed the functions PHP and hacked the style sheet and got it more or less where I need it to be, but I though Genesis and Toolset where well integrated. Apparently it all depends on the Theme being used.

What I really need it a recommendation of a Theme that is well integrated with Toolset. One that I don't need to be hacking to get to work. Any suggestions on a well integrated Theme? Agency apparently needs to be tweaked a lot to get to work with Toolset correctly.

Dear cristian,

Does the problem exists when you use the original parent genesis theme?
If it does not exists any more, that should be a problem with the child theme you are using. if you need more assistance for it, please provide a download URL for the child theme "Agency Pro Theme" and parent genesis theme, and describe detail steps to duplicate same problem. I need test and debug it in my localhost,

As I know, the best integrated Theme is our "Toolset Starter" theme, you can download it here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/#toolset-themes

Sorry, I need to know what Genesis Theme works good with Toolset.

This is the issue. I use Toolset to avoid using PHP as much as possible. I use Genesis to get a solid WP environment. The Toolset/Genesis integration seemed to be a good solution, until you try it. I get that using Genesis requires PHP to really customize things. I was under the impression that Toolset would help me with this. So far Layouts do not updated when edited. I am forced to make a change to the child page to have the changes on the parent (Header/Footer), be reflected.

Your integration as it stands is not a viable one, since the advantage of Genesis is starting a project with a purchased child theme to be able to deploy a website rapidly. Since Layouts does not play good with the child themes, then what is the purpose of the integration? Is this being addressed? Can this even be fixed? If I do as you say and use the Toolset Starter theme then what is the Genesis/Toolset integration for? Marketing? Who uses it, and a better question, how do you implement it reliably?

I am currently working on localhost but I can move my code to a server for you to look at it. I will post again once I have it uploaded to a server. I apologize if I sound frustrated, but I spend all weekend trying to sort this out, and so far, I am not very encouraged.

Sorry for the misunderstand.
I assume there isn't similar problem when you use the original parent genesis theme.
So it should be a compatibility problem with the child theme, since I do not have a copy of your child theme files, I am not sure where is the problem source, and we can not guaranty the "Toolset Genesis Integration" plugin will be able to compatible with all kinds of child themes, and it would be great that there is a live website with same problem that we can debug in.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.