Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Generating charts

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Dear,
I have a website where I used Toolset to create a database of support tickets. Now, I am trying to show data of my tickets as graph or chart. I have 3 options in mind so far:
1/ I know that Toolset does not do that, but do you suggest any tool to show charts and that integrates well with toolset?
2/ If not, I would like to use "public tableau", which can graphically show data pulled from mysql database. However, i am not sure this is possible with wordpress database as tables created with Types are not shown as custom tables, right?
3/ My 3rd option, would be to write a php code which reads my ticket posts and insert them in a custom mysql table. later, i can read this custom table from Tableau. Is this going to work?

Thank you
Nabil

1/ I know that Toolset does not do that, but do you suggest any tool to show charts and that integrates well with toolset?
No, there is no charting software that integrates closely with Toolset. Toolset is not designed to produce JSON or CSV data, which are usually required for charting software. If you can show me an example of the data input your charting system needs I can help determine if it's something Toolset can produce.

However, i am not sure this is possible with wordpress database as tables created with Types are not shown as custom tables, right?
I'm not sure what you mean by "not shown as custom tables." If a table exists in the database, it can be used in any SQL query, even if it is a custom table created by a plugin like Types. Posts, including custom post types, are stored in the standard wp_posts table. Custom field values for posts are stored in the wp_postmeta table. Users, usermeta, terms, termmeta are all stored in the standard WordPress tables. Types creates one custom table in the current system, "wp_toolset_post_guid_id", but that table is public and available for any SQL query by any other plugin.

3/ My 3rd option, would be to write a php code which reads my ticket posts and insert them in a custom mysql table. later, i can read this custom table from Tableau. Is this going to work?
I really can't say based on the information you have given here. I have no idea how Tableau works, what type of data it needs, etc. I can tell you where data from Toolset can be found in the database, or the WordPress APIs necessary to get that data, but not how to use it with Tableau.

Thank you Christian,
Actually all I need is a normal relational database. For example, in my case, I need a table "ticket" with attributes: "ticket_nb", "date", "owner", and "ticket_response". All these attributes are custom fields of post "ticket". Can I extract such a table from the WordPress database?

Thank you

It will be very useful for me if you tell me how i can query wordpress database (with sql) in the following case:
Custom type: ticket
Custom fields of "ticket": "ticket_nb", "date", "owner", and "ticket_response"

I want to make a query similar to the following:
select ticket_nb, date, owner, ticket_response from ticket;

but using the wordpress database (i am not sure which table I should query here)

Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nabils,

As Christian is currently on vacation, I will be handling this ticket for you .

Actually the custom field information is stored in the wp_post_meta table.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.