Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Generatepress theme settings are not working on template output User Profile

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I was using Beaver Themer as a template, but switched to a normal Beaver Builder page . It's not working as expected.

1. The Post Title and Featured image were disabled on the Theme Settings. The featured image is showing at top of post and periodically the title shows on some user profile posts.

2. The hero image should show the featured image of the post, but is showing the featured image of someone else's post.

Solution:

These are compatibility issues, see details here:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/generatepress-theme-settings-are-not-working-on-template-output-user-profile/#post-1442275

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by MargeP6083 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: Display User Profile Post fields. I was using Beaver Themer as a template, but switched to a normal Beaver Builder page . It's not working as expected.

1. The Post Title and Featured image were disabled on the Theme Settings. The featured image is showing at top of post and periodically the title shows on some user profile posts.

2. The hero image should show the featured image of the post, but is showing the featured image of someone else's post.

Example pages:
hidden link (shows Featured image on top and wrong image on hero)
hidden link

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can see the problems in your website, please try these:
1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to original GeneratePress parent theme, and test again

2) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

3) If the problem still persists, please provide a copy of your website, you can put the duplicator package file in your own google drive disk, and share the link only. I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Luo is on holiday today. He will get in touch with you as soon as he will get back to work.

Thanks for the details, I can download the file, will update here if there is anything found.

backgroupd-photo.JPG

Here are what I found:

Q1) The hero image should show the featured image of the post, but is showing the featured image of someone else's post.

I assume we are talking about the setting in "Backgroud photo" settings in content template "Content template for Talent Profiles", see screenshot: backgroupd-photo.JPG

This is a feature of another plugin "Beaver Themer", you can disable this plugin, then you should be able to see there isn't "Post Featured Image" option any more.

So this problem is a compatibility issue between Beaver Themer and content template, according to our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-beaver-builder/

The Beaver Themer is not included in that document, so I don't think it is compatible with Toolset Views plugin.

Currently, you might consider setup that problem row using HTML codes manually, you can get the featured image with Views shortcode [wpv-post-featured-image], see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-featured-image

And use above shortcode to setup the background:
hidden link

Q2) The featured image is showing at top of post and periodically the title shows on some user profile posts.
Similar as above, it is another compatibility issue with plugin "GP Premium", you can disable this plugin, and test again, test it in front-end, you should be able to see it works fine, there isn't featured image in single "talent" post.
Same as above, the plugin "GP Premium" isn't in our document.

As a workaround, you can try to setup CSS codes to hide the featured image, for example:

.single-talent div.page-header-image-single{
display:none;
}

Thanks! I'll contact Beaver Builder techs about the background issue. The shortcode in css as background (giving the row a class) did not work for me.

.feat-img-bg {
background-image: url("[wpv-post-featured-image]");
}

I thought that GeneratePress was compatible with Toolset. GP Premium is a part of that theme. Should this be a feature request or is this in process?

For example, you can try below codes in the post content:

<div class="feat-img-bg">
[wpv-post-title]
</div>
<style>
.feat-img-bg {
background-image: url("[wpv-post-featured-image output="url"]");
}
</style>

Notice: the shortcodes won't work insider CSS editor.

For the GP premium issues, you can add a feature request here:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Our developers will evaluate it.

Thanks for the info! I had to switch to Blocks instead of Beaver Builder.

Even with Blocks, Generate Press did not hide the featured image. I will fill out a feature request.

My issue is resolved now. Thanks very much for your help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.