Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Gallery & Slider Question

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pete 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Toolset screen 3.png

Hi there,

Can I ask, more confirm I guess:

The Toolset blocks gallery has no limit option? Say display only 2 images!
Even if we create a View and limit this, that has no effect.

Currently we are testing a Toolset Gallery Block and then using this CSS to hide all images other than the first two:

.tb-gallery__cell:nth-child(n+3) {
display: none !important;
}

Seems crazy there is no way of limiting the gallery.

Also, we are only using the above method because it looks very much like the Toolset Slider Block does not lazy load.
Can you confirm this please?

We tested a slider with just two images displayed, yet all 20 loaded in the background and compromising the page load time.

Thank you very much.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Pete,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Your observation is correct and at the moment, the Toolset's Gallery block doesn't include the option to limit the number of images or the support for lazy loading.

We have internal tickets to introduce these features and though I don't have a time estimate, I've added your voice for these feature requests too.

Thank you for bringing this forward.

regards,
Waqar

Hi there Waqar,

Thanks for confirming this. It's crazy a system that's as developed as Toolset does not have some form of lazy loading either in its sliders of galleries.

I saw a post recently by Dario where blocks are having some new performance features added.

Fortunately when the Gallery is used in Blocks, WP's native lazy load kicks in otherwise it would make this unusable considering performance is about to become all the more important.

Thanks anyway. Take care. Pete

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Yes, there is a lot more focus on the performance and you'll see even more improvements in the coming releases.

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one for each new question and concern.

Take care.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.