Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Galleries

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

One-to-many relationship between post types "Fishery" and "Fishery gallery".

in post type "Fishery gallery", there is a repeatable field group "Gallery Images"( custom fields "Image" + "Caption")

I am going to display related "Gallery Images"

Solution:

Toolset repeatable field groups are based on one-to-many relationship, so each "Gallery Images" item is also a single post.
So the post type structure likes this:

- Grand parent post type "Fishery"

- Parent post type "Fishery gallery"

- Child post type "Gallery Images"

So it needs a nested view, for example:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/galleries/#post-1175806

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.56 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nathalieJ 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi

I have been on this all day now, I despair ...

On this page, hidden link
It's displaying Keeper's info for the Avon Fishery so it's all good.

However for the galleries, I can't see that is possible. It is asking me to create a view as I have repeatable groups (image + caption) but I can't filter the view so it only show one particular gallery, Avon in this instance.

I had a go with a Modal but with no luck, it doesn't seem to be able to do this.

Basically something like this but instead of opening a detail page, it opens a lightbox
Portfolio – Three Column Grid Simple

Now I have added a portfolio modal it has created a mess as I have custom fields I don't need, slugs which I can't use anymore etc ... which I don't want, and I don't seem to be able to get rid of them.

Thanks loads for your help

Nathalie

filter2.JPG
filter1.JPG

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can login your website, I assume we are talking about this case:
page hidden link is a normal wordpress page, and you are going to display another Fishery post(ID 6150) information.

One-to-many relationship between post types "Fishery" and "Fishery gallery"
in post type "Fishery gallery", there is a repeatable field group "Gallery Images"( custom fields "Image" + "Caption")

You are going to display related "Gallery Images" in that page:
hidden link

Toolset repeatable field groups are based on one-to-many relationship, so each "Gallery Images" item is also a single post.
So the post type structure likes this:
- Grand parent post type "Fishery"
- Parent post type "Fishery gallery"
- Child post type "Gallery Images"

So it needs a nested view, for example:
1) Parent post view:
- query "Fishery" posts
- filter by:
Select posts in a Fisheries Galleries relationship that are related to Avon. see screenshot filter1.JPG
- in section "Loop Editor", display below child view

2) Child view:
- query "Gallery Images" posts (Toolset repeatable field groups are based on one-to-many relationship, so each "Gallery Images" item is also a single post)
- filter by:
Select items from the Gallery images group that are a related to the current post in the loop. see screenshot filter2.JPG
- in section "Loop Editor", display the custom fields: "Image" + "Caption"

Luo this was super useful thank you so much!!

Just a couple of things I am having issues with still (Yes, I have been on this for 2 days!)

hidden link

1 - There are only two images uploaded for this gallery, it is showing the first one twice I can't work out why
2 - 'No item found' is showing even though there are images

Thanks for your help Luo

Nathalie

Sorry I forgot one!

3 - Trying to link an image to a lightbox, I put a link around the code but on the front page the cursor stays as it is (I am not getting the little hand)

Code:
<a href="#">[types field="gallery-photo"][/types]</a>
[types field="photo-caption"][/types]

Page:
hidden link

Nathalie

Hi Luo

OK I have been on this like 3 days this is madness, and I am about to have a nervous breakdown.

First time around, I had the 1) and 2) issues I mentioned earlier. I managed to fix 3) - But then just don't know what happened.

I get 'no items found' showing 3 times.

I went over and over again your explanation, again and again, I just can't see where i am going wrong. A couple of bits are confusing for me.

I'd better leave it until you get back, I might end up breaking the whole site trying to fiddle with it.

Please help

Thank you

Nathalie

Dear Nathalie,

I have tried your website credentials again, I can login your website, but can not visit WordPress admin side, it keeps on redirecting me to the login page, so can not check the views setting, please check it, make sure it is a valid admin account.

And I suggest you backup your website first, and disable all other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, in case there is any other compatibility issue in your website.

Hi Luo

I am having the same issue : (

I had a problem with the login page, see here - https://toolset.com/forums/topic/setting-the-login-form-layout-to-appear-on-the-my-account-page-for-visitors/

No idea how to fix this now, I guess I need help with this also now

Nathalie

As I mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/galleries/#post-1178894

Please disable all other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, in case there is any other compatibility issue in your website.

If you still need assistance for it, please backup your website, and provide FTP access.

my-account.JPG

The login problem still persists, here are detail steps:
1) Goto URL you mentioned in private message box:
hidden link

It redirect me to "My account" page:
hidden link

Login,

2) Then go to dashboard URL
hidden link
It redirect me to "My account" page again, and logout
See screenshot: My-account.JPG

I suggest you provide a copy of your website in below private message box, I can try to debug the problem in my localhost. thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks Luo

I can't see an option for private message - Here is the link hidden link

Nathalie

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.