Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Frontend output cache

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Frontend output cache is in the column of the views..but don't know how to enable it.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
lifechangingtruth.org

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 2.03.00 PM.png

Hi Ramez,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Frontend output cache is in the column of the views

Are you referring to this selector ? See My screenshot

Can you send me a screenshot of what it looks like for you ?

Thanks,
Shane

6F78408B-CE17-41E5-9147-28A8DF34A1D5.png

No sir the one I meant is in the Views’ table
My purpose is to make this page
hidden link

speedier than now..it’s too slow...though we have Cache plugin.

Please help.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ramez,

Once you have the caching plugin installed your views are automatically cached unless you specifically disable caching on your view.

What you are seeing here is possibly an inconsistency in the user interface and will be making a suggestion for improvements.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ramez,

What happens here is that when you set your view to cache, you will need to visit the view on the frontend first before the cache is generated.

Once you've done this you should see the button generate beside the view name to allow for the cache to be cleaned.

Thanks,
Shane

We don’t have the button appearing at all since we began to use Toolset & all the Toolset views pages are soooooo slow...please help activating the caching for all the views.
We have already a cache plugin but all the site is fast but the views aren’t .
Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ramez,

I'm not experiencing any slow issue with the page below.
hidden link

From what I can tell the is that the page load speed is fine.

Can you record your experience so that I can see what you are experiencing. The page loads up fine.

Thanks,
Shane

The recording will take long time & will be large to be sent...so kindly recheck again.

But in all cases please help me to make the views to be cached, the views table shows that the views aren’t cached, also the button of clear cache isn’t appearing in the table.
Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ramez,

Would you mind allowing me to have access to the site so that I can check on this further for you ?

I'm able to see an issue with the page, however i want to do a proper investigation.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ramez,

I did some checks on the site using the website below and found that your website's images needs to be optimized for the web as these could be contribute to the first slow loading on the page.

hidden link

You will perhaps need to start using a plugin that can optimise your images for the web as the problem with the slow loading of the page is not related to our Views plugin.

Thanks,
Shane

E4882683-985A-4CA6-9EA0-25EC7B97732F.jpeg
5C0B2C2E-1B62-4F5B-AD8A-655EA1461D82.png

Okay sir. Thanks for your help will see the images issue. We have already cache plugin, but will see that.

But I would still want to have the Cache to be activated to have the most of the plugin.
No View is cached on the site.
Please help fixing the needed: Cache for the views on our site.
Kindly see the attached image of the views’ table ALL aren’t cached:
hidden link

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ramez,

Not because this button doesn't show up doesn't mean the cache isn't there or not working. As mentioned this is an automatic process so the cache is cleared/built automatically by our Toolset plugin so you may not always see the button there to clear the cache.

There is also an option to manually clear this if you go to Toolset -> Settings -> Frontend-End and scroll to Cache.

Here you will see that the setting is enabled for Toolset to automatically manage the caching for you.

Hopefully I was able to clear this up for you. So there is no need for any fixing to be done here.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.