Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Frontend media selection from database by UserID

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to: Eliminate duplicate media uploads already in the database by user in CRED file and audio upload fields. My users have already uploaded audio files to a different post type prior to using the CRED form created for a different post type. We are applying pre-existing user uploaded audio files to a parent post of a child post.

Application:

1. User previously uploaded to their user ID media archive
2. User selects from their own uploaded image and audio files to a child form tied to it's parent.
3. If no preferred file exists for selection on frontend, then user can upload new, but not duplicate what's already on the server.

I visited this URL: Many

I expected to see: A method for selecting from already uploaded audio by user

Instead, I got: Upload from desktop only. How do I create a front end form that allows for selection of audio from their own files already on the server? Thanks.

This is not possible with CRED at the moment.

The only Field that allows you to choose from the WordPress media screen is the "Add Media" button which you can include in any Text Editor when creating the CRED Form.
It's the setting "Allow Media Insert button in Post Content Rich Text Editor" in the Post Type setting section of your CRED form.

All other Media Fields will not hook into the Media Library but only use the Browser upload feature (Upload from desktop)

I filed this request a while ago but this is not yet implemented.

I will add your voice so to push this.

There is a workaround provided by a user:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/add-media-button-instead-of-choose-file-button-in-cred-forms/#post-328449

But we do not provide support or assistance for this at the current moment.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.