Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Frontend and backend sites are very slow after some Toolset integrations

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Franco Calcagni 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

After implementing some Toolset features both the site and the backend are running very slow and also when we update pages/posts or views/templates the refresh is very slow as well.

What could be the problem?
Shall we chack some specific parameters with the hosting provider?
Is there a way to speed up the site performances when using Toolset plugins? We found the slow-down problem in other sites we implemented.
Thanks

Franco

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Franco,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the site so that I can have a look at this for you ?

Also please let me know the page where you are experiencing the slow down as well.

Finally if you're able to do a video illustration of the issue then that would be greatly appreciated. This means do a demonstration with and without toolset enabled.

The private fields have been enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Franco,

Right now checking the site, I was not able to identify any slowdowns.

If there is a particular page where this is noticeable please let me know.

Your site data is very minimal right now but I would love to see a page where the slowdown is clearly shown.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
the homepage ( hidden link ) takes at least 6 seconds to appear and does not have all contents still implemented.

Is there any tech specs on server side we have to take into consideretion when developing a site with Toolset?

Franco

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 10.44.00 AM.png

Hi Franco,

Right now the most I can suggest is to utilize caching on your site.

What you can do is to install this caching plugin below and it should help to speed up your site.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-super-cache/

Secondly there are some Javascript errors on your website . See Screenshot

It seems to be caused by Java_DynMenusSelectedCSS.js

Unfortunately i'm not sure where this is or which plugin its coming from but its not from our Toolset plugins.

Thanks,
Shane

OK Shane I will look at the JS errors and where they come from. I will also try to install the caching plugin.

Thanks

Franco

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.