Skip Navigation

[Closed] Front end user meta/field edit

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Caridad 8 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Caridad.

Author

I have a directory site and i have made my views template. Everything works GREAT. Someone can use my form and it will create a new page for them automatically.

Lets say i have these fields. (Name, City, Phone Number, Profile Picture, Other image)

I know how to do the initial creation of the page with all those field fulfilled.

My questions is, How can my user edit their own personal page without accessing the WordPress admin side? So that they could change their phone number, profile picture etc without me having to do it for them.

Any way to add a frontend meta editor?

Maybe Domain.com/edit (for example)

and the user will be able to edit their page ONLY.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Dear Chris,

In the same way you have added the form for submission, you should be able to do something for editing. How did you add the submission form?

Regards,
Caridad

Add the submission form? I used gravity forms to submit it from the front end. Any easy way to allow my people to update ONLY their one page?

Thanks in advance to everyone that helps me out here!

🙂

Dear Chris,

I found some tips at the end of this page, the two last replies have some ideas:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-gravity-forms-directory-addons-let-an-user-edit-his-own-entries

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

The topic ‘[Closed] Front end user meta/field edit’ is closed to new replies.