Skip Navigation

[Closed] Front end sorting by custom field with string values not working

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to allow front-end sorting of a custom field which contains string values. But the results aren't sorting properly.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
Here's the page: hidden link

The column I'm trying to sort is "Restrictions". If I choose it as the field to sort by in the view's main settings, it sorts properly. But I don't want to sort by the column by default.

If I click to sort it from the front-end, it does NOT sort correctly. You can try it at the above link and see for yourself. Very odd! Hope you can help.

Hello, I'll be glad to take a closer look. Can you try these troubleshooting steps first and let me know the results?
- Temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty, temporarily deactivate any plugins except Types (if necessary) and Views (or Toolset Blocks), and temporarily deactivate any custom code you may have in Toolset > Settings > Custom Code. If you want to activate a Maintenance Mode plugin during testing, that's fine.
- Test again. If the problem is resolved, reactivate your custom code snippets, theme, and other plugins one by one until the problem returns
- If the problem was not resolved, please edit this View. If you cannot see the Query Filter panel, scroll to the top right corner of the screen and click "Screen Options" to activate the Query Filter panel. Open all the Query Filter panels and take screenshots so I can see all the View's configurations.
- Copy the contents from the Loop Editor and paste them in your next reply.
- If there is a Loop template, please copy + paste the contents of that template in your next reply as well.
- Is the "routes" post type created by Toolset Types? What about the "restrictions" field, was that created in Types?

I'll review your comments and we can go from there.

The topic ‘[Closed] Front end sorting by custom field with string values not working’ is closed to new replies.