Skip Navigation

[Resolved] front end relational form not submitting

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
front end form not connected to parent field when submit the child form

Solution:
You will require to make sure that you have added the parent post field to your child post form.

You can find the proposed solution in this case with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/front-end-relational-form-not-submitting/#post-1757789

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author
Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 15.21.09.jpg

I have a relational form (one to many) clients and client notes. When I submit the client notes form on the front end, it's not submitting. No errors, seems to go through but doesn't appear. It works OK on back end.

Just a bit more info:

I've worked out that when I submit from the WP dashboard, the 'notes' form is associated with the client, as it should be. However when I submit the note from the front end 'client details' page, it isn't associated.

So my question is, how to I get the front end 'notes' form to associate in the same way as the dashboard?

Thanks in advance!

Rick

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I will require to review your post-relationship as well as where exactly you have added the form.

Can you please share problem URL as well as access details, once I review the things, I will be able to guide you in the right direction.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Can you please check now: hidden link

When visit the form your created:
=> hidden link
- I found that you did not added the parent field to the form. I've added the parent field to your form as given under:

<div class="form-group hidethis">
		<label>Clients Notes</label>
		[cred_field field='@client-note.parent' class='form-control' output='bootstrap' select_text='--- not set ---' required='false' value='[wpv-post-id]']
	</div>

And to hide the parent field - I've added the following CSS to your form's CSS box:

.hidethis {
  display:none;
}

I see now when you create a new note, it is automatically attached to parent. Can you please confirm it works at your end as well.

Thank you - that works! One last question - I want to display the author & date of each note. I can only get it to display the last author/last post date for the last note. How can I get it to show for each note?

Just worked out the view - thank you for all your help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.