Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Front end posts to directory, with payments via Woocommerce

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Author

Hi Jamal,

Many thanks for getting back to me again.

When you say:

"I discussed again this case with another colleague, and he believes that the limit on WooCommerce subscription is only set for user creation not posts creation. I need to test it to confirm. You may want to test it for your case or use only Toolset Forms and simple WooCommerce products."

...what do you mean here? Do you mean that I can perhaps link to a recurring subscription? I just tried it, and it seemed to work, but it may be that I am missing something. Can you tell me the result of your tests please?

If it turns out that I can link to the recurring subscription product from the form, then what do I do with the Edit form? How would I make it so that the published post is updated with the edit form, without the user being charged again? I.e. so that they can edit it any time they like?

Many thanks again for your help,
Andrew.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Andrew,

If it works on your test with a subscription product, I will trust you and my colleague and maybe test later or if you are encountering issues with it 🙂

Now, if you manage it with a subscription product, I do not see a need for the edit form to capture payment. The subscription will be handled by the WooCommerce subscription.
If you still want to offer edit forms, without capturing payment, you can do so, and have as many forms as you need. Just make sure that the configuration of the form suits you, for example, if the status should change after submitting the form.

Hi Jamal,

If you could test, that would be great. Does your colleague sat this it is possible to do it?

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Andrew,

My colleague said that it can be done. And, of course, I can test it and get back to you. I'll do it first time in the morning tomorrow and get back to you with my results 😉

Jamal
Supporter

Hello, I just want to let you know that I am still working on this test. It requires to set up a working online payment Gateway, such as PayPal.
Once I complete I'll let you know.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Andrew,

I was able to test the workflow with a variable subscription and it seems to work. The trick is to configure the form to redirect to the product page in order to be able to choose the variation. If the form is not redirected to the checkout page, it will choose the first variation automatically. Check this screenshot hidden link

Then, down on the WooCommerce section, configure the status to have on the post for each status of the order.

I did not verify what happens when the subscription expires. I'll let you do it and if you encounter issues we can debug it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.