Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Front End date reporting

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user would like to create a filter on dates and be able to choose posts that are between two dates.

Solution:
You can follow our document to set up the custom date field filter:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/date-filters/

For example, edit the view, in section "Query Filter", if you can not find it, click "Screen Option", and enable the option "Query Filter", edit the date field filter according to above document, when inserting a query filter to test a date custom field you should use the UNSIGNED option

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by larryL 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

How can I allow users to filter between post dates in a view? For example, I'd like to display 'start date' & 'end date' options that are based upon the post date for a custom post type's publish (or modified date). So they could enter 12/20/2018 as their start date and 3/17/2020 as their end date and it would display all posts from that post type within those dates.

Thanks!

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

You can follow our document to set up the custom date field filter:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/date-filters/

For example, edit the view, in section "Query Filter", if you can not find it, click "Screen Option", and enable the option "Query Filter", edit the date field filter according to above document, when inserting a query filter to test a date custom field you should use the UNSIGNED option

Check this article too https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/filtering-views-query-by-date/

datefilter.PNG

I tried to add the post date field as shown in the doc you linked to but the fields are different from your example. There is no way to make it 'unsigned'.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

You will, first, need to choose "Between those" from the dropdown, then you will have new input to complete the configuration.

If you still encounter any issues, I wonder if you could allow me temporary access and I'll check that closely and take some screenshots for you. If you agree, your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **
If you allow me temporary access, please provide more details about the involved view, custom post types, etc.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.