Skip Navigation

[Closed] Front-end Ajax Filters?

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Emmanuel 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Caridad.

Author

Firstly, great plugin - really love it so far!

I've successfully created a test view with filters and everything seems to be working fine.

Is there a way of enabling AJAX powered filters at the front end? For example, I'd like that the search filter would "auto-update" when selecting the filters instead of having to click a submit button.

I did see mention of AJAX but it seems to be only for pagination and not for filters?

Can you please point me in the right direction?

Dear Keith,

The filters dont work with AJAX yet, but that doesn mean you cant auto-update.
Add these lines of javascript to the meta html for this to happen and hide the submit button:

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(function( $ ) {
  $('form.wpv-filter-form input,form.wpv-filter-form select').change(function() {
   this.form.submit();
  });
});
</script>

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

Thanks Caridad, I'll give this a shot over the next few days. Appreciate the response.

Howdy!

I'm searching for an answer to the same question. I see this was posted in August, 2012. Is there any chance this has been updated in the last 2 years? I would like the search results (a view listing files) to update each time a selection is made in the parametric search. For example, click on the "dog" checkbox and the view automatically updates to show only dogs (cats are no longer shown). Make sense?

Thanks for your help.

Keith, did you have luck with the javascript workaround?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi,

I search to do the same thing... we could see an example here : hidden link

I hope one day the WP Types's team will add this function... will be the perfect script 🙂

Regards

The topic ‘[Closed] Front-end Ajax Filters?’ is closed to new replies.