Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Front End Admin Edit User Forms

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Allow front-end admin users to edit other user profiles

Solution:
You can use User Edit Forms, as described in the linked documentation.

If you have Access enabled on the site, you must grant the appropriate access to the user forms in the Access settings.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-editing/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/access-control-for-cred-forms/

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Paul 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? Allow Administrators/Staff to manage customers (User meta) via the front end. What we need is a list of registered users and the ability for staff to edit the user accounts on the front end for customers. For example, I have a list of users. I can click edit on one of them and then the cred form page for that specific user shows.

Is there any documentation that you are following? Have been looking but can not find much on this requirement

Is there a similar example that we can see? Not that I can find.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Paul

I just set this up quickly on a local test site to double-check the steps required, and... it doesn't seem to work.

I created an edit user form, inserted it into a content template to act as a container, created a View to list users, and in the output section inserted an Edit user link.

The links are generated correctly when visiting the front-end, but then clicking the links loads up an empty page without the form.

Looks like we have a problem here.

I'm consulting with my colleagues, just to make sure I'm doing it right (as documented here: https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-editing/).

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Paul

The documentation has an important omission (I've asked for an update).

I'd forgotten that you need Access to be able to edit other user profiles than your own.

So,

- create an Edit User Form
- insert it into a Content Template to act as a container
- create a View to list users
- in the output section use the Toolset Forms button to insert an edit user link
- add this View to a page
- go to Toolset > Access Control > Forms and set the rights for who can use the form

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.