Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Forms Opening for Editing in Drag/Drop vs Expert Mode

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user is experiencing an issue where updating from an older version of our Forms plugin to the latest version of Forms.

If the user then tries to edit their previous created forms then all their customisations are lost because Forms is defaulting to the visual editor.

Solution:

Our team has resolved this and you can try the solution in the patch in the link below.

https://toolset.com/errata/custom-html-added-in-forms-versions-previous-to-2-3-is-lost-after-updating-to-2-3-4-directly/

If the patch does not work then I would recommend opening a new ticket for this issue.

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by KentS9937 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Just recently many of my forms are opening up for editing in the drag/drop editor as opposed to Expert Mode. It's happening to most of my forms regardless of whether they were created before or after the drag/drop editor was released. If I switch to Expert Mode the previous form code is reset to the default overwriting my custom form code. So I'm unable to edit those forms without losing the existing code.

This is happening on a development site which requires login to view. Let me know if you'd like access to the site.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Kent,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I would like to get a copy of this site to test here locally. Would you mind if I installed the duplicator plugin and grabbed a copy?

Also let me know a form that I can test this with because I will be updating the plugin to see if this issue occurs for me as well using your site instance.

Thanks,
Shane

Duplicator is installed on the site, but I was unable to get it to backup successfully as the site is over 500M. But you can probably tell it to skip some of the /wp-content/uploads/ media files and get it to finish. Feel free to make a copy of the site for your testing purposes.

The link below will create a new Phone Interview Form post. That page uses CRED form 3300, titled "Add Phone Interview Checklist Rev2".

hidden link

As you'll see from the link above the form has been crafted in expert mode. But when it's opened for editing the form isn't in expert mode. And when switching to expert mode it's lost all the custom layout code.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Kent,

Our team has resolved this and you can try the solution in the patch in the link below.
https://toolset.com/errata/custom-html-added-in-forms-versions-previous-to-2-3-is-lost-after-updating-to-2-3-4-directly/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks. That appears to have fixed the problem.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.