Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Forms created befor the new editor are missing custom code when openend

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Forms created befor the new editor are missing custom code when openend

Solution:
This issue is fixed with Forms version 2.3.5.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelM-30 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have already perfect working forms for user input.
But when using the latest forms version (2.3.4) my forms are always opened in non Expert Mode.
When switiching to Expert Mode my custom code in the forms is gone.
Or in other words - I cannot get my working forms to show in the backend, the way they did befor the new
forms editor was introduced.

When switching to Expert Mode - my code is also gone - so I cannot even show it to you.

When copying my working forms they also do not respect the settings from before - dropdown lists are now "select" fields.

Is it possible to disable the new forms editor?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - with the release of Forms 2.3 we introduce the new drag-and-drop editor for forms:
=> https://toolset.com/2019/02/forms-2-3-and-views-2-7-3/

This is a new feature to provide new GUI to users. The default mode for forms is non-Expert mode.

Or in other words - I cannot get my working forms to show in the backend, the way they did befor the new forms editor was introduced.
==> Can you tell me what exactly not working. Please make a compatibility test as well by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

When switching to Expert Mode - my code is also gone - so I cannot even show it to you.
=> Can you share the code and few screenshots? is it possible?

dropdown lists are now "select" fields.
=> Well - with new GUI we also apply select2 with the fields that lists the parent field etc..

If you do not want the select to, you can add the attribute use_select2="never" to your field.
For example:

[cred_field field='@student-student-reivew.parent' class='form-control' output='bootstrap' use_select2="never" select_text='--- not set ---']

This is a new feature to provide new GUI to users. The default mode for forms is non-Expert mode.
I know - so is it possible to change that?

Or in other words - I cannot get my working forms to show in the backend, the way they did befor the new forms editor was introduced.
==> Can you tell me what exactly not working. Please make a compatibility test as well by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?
I already did - my custom code is stripped, my field selections are reset - from dropdown to select.
I cannot deactivate the other plugins, as everything is working perfectly in the frontend - it came with the newer Forms version and is only happening in the backend.

=> Can you share the code and few screenshots? is it possible?
No - as my custom code is being stripped - as soon as I want do display it in the backend.

dropdown lists are now "select" fields.
=> Well - with new GUI we also apply select2 with the fields that lists the parent field etc..
I don't get it - why is it chaninging my settings in the first place?

Minesh
Supporter

I know - so is it possible to change that?
=> No, there is no option but you can submit a feature request using the following link as couple of other clients demanded such feature so your voice should be added:
- https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

I already did - my custom code is stripped, my field selections are reset - from dropdown to select.
I cannot deactivate the other plugins, as everything is working perfectly in the frontend - it came with the newer Forms version and is only happening in the backend.
=> OK

No - as my custom code is being stripped - as soon as I want do display it in the backend.
=> What custom code you are adding - can you please share that code and the exact steps you follow to reproduce the issue?

I don't get it - why is it chaninging my settings in the first place?
=> All dropdown with the parent will be replaced with select2 with the latest forms version. I already shared workaround if you want to change it to normal drop-down select, you need to add the attribute use_select2="never" .

Minesh
Supporter

In addition to this, please check the following known issue errata page and try to apply the patch shared with the following link and check that help you to resolve your issue:
=> https://toolset.com/errata/custom-html-added-in-forms-versions-previous-to-2-3-is-lost-after-updating-to-2-3-4-directly/

forms frontend.jpg

Hi Minesh,
how can I show you my custom code, if it is gone - as soon as I try to open or modify it????

This is the code I get if I try to modify or even look at my code (expert mode)
[credform]
[cred_field field='form_messages' class='alert alert-warning']
<div class="form-group">
<label>Dokument Titel</label>
[cred_field field='post_title' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>Dokument Inhalt</label>
[cred_field field='post_content' output='bootstrap']
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>Artikelbild</label>
[cred_field field='_featured_image' output='bootstrap']
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>Ereignisse</label>
[cred_field field='ereignis' force_type='taxonomy' output='bootstrap' display='checkbox']
[cred_field field="ereignis_add_new" taxonomy="ereignis" type="add_new"]
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>Berufe</label>
[cred_field field='beruf' force_type='taxonomy' output='bootstrap' display='checkbox']
[cred_field field="beruf_add_new" taxonomy="beruf" type="add_new"]
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>Ränge</label>
[cred_field field='rang' force_type='taxonomy' output='bootstrap' class='form-control']
[cred_field field="rang_popular" taxonomy="rang" type="show_popular"]
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>Art der Dokumente</label>
[cred_field field='art-des-dokuments' force_type='taxonomy' output='bootstrap' display='checkbox']
[cred_field field="art-des-dokuments_add_new" taxonomy="art-des-dokuments" type="add_new"]
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>Anzeigenamen</label>
[cred_field field='anzeigename' force_type='taxonomy' output='bootstrap' display='checkbox']
[cred_field field="anzeigename_add_new" taxonomy="anzeigename" type="add_new"]
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>Orte</label>
[cred_field field='ort' force_type='taxonomy' output='bootstrap' display='checkbox']
[cred_field field="ort_add_new" taxonomy="ort" type="add_new"]
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>Jahrzehnte</label>
[cred_field field='jahrzehnt' force_type='taxonomy' output='bootstrap' display='checkbox']
[cred_field field="jahrzehnt_add_new" taxonomy="jahrzehnt" type="add_new"]
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>Wysiwyg - a44343b4</label>
[cred_field field='wysiwyg-a44343b4' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>Dokument-Bild</label>
[cred_field field='dokument-bild' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>Dokument Bild Rückseite</label>
[cred_field field='dokument-bild-rueckseite' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>Beschreibung zum Dokument</label>
[cred_field field='beschreibung-zum-dokument' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>Dokument Nummer</label>
[cred_field field='dokument-nummer' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>Datum des Dokuments</label>
[cred_field field='datum-des-dokuments' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>Dateien</label>
[cred_field field='dateien' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
</div>
<div class="form-group">
<label>Ort zum Dokument gehörig</label>
[cred_field field='ort-der-aufnahme' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
</div>
[cred_field field='recaptcha' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
[cred_field field='form_submit' output='bootstrap' value='Einsenden' class='btn btn-primary btn-lg']
[/credform]

And in the image you see what other customisation has been done.

This is one part of the custom code that is gone in the backend:
<div class="col-sm-6" id='shortcodeWysiwygWrapper'>
<label>Wysiwyg - b0c8f931 - Hier kommt der Code rein</label>
[cred_field field='wysiwyg-b0c8f931' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']</div>
<div class="col-sm-6" id='shortcodeButtons'>Hier steht dann mal der Code</div>
</div>

Everything else - the styling the labels, the images you can see in the screenshot.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please check what I just replied here and try to apply the hotfix:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/forms-created-befor-the-new-editor-are-missing-custom-code-when-openend/#post-1229847

Hi Minesh - yes the patch did the trick.
Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.