Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Formidible form and shortcode

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paradox 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Formidible form and shortcode

I would like to use a single Formidable form as a contact form for a directory with multiple listings. Each single display would have a "contact owner" link and when clicked the link would display a contact form that would send to the specific owner of the listing which is displayed.

Is it possible to create one contact form and use a toolset shortcode in the form's email notification settings "To" field.

I have created a formidable form and added it to the toolset content template and it displays fine but it doesn't send to the email address of each individual listing.

I have tried inserting shortcodes [wpfc-contact-email] and [types field='contact-email' output='raw'][/types] in the "To" field of the form but neither works.

Thanks for your help.

Dear paradox,

I assume we are talking about the "Formidable Forms" download from:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/formidable/

If it does not support to use shortcode in the email notification settings "To" field. I suggest you contact the author of "Formidable Forms" plugin for it.

As a workaround, I suggest you use CRED form to replace the "Formidable Forms" plugin, which is full compatible with Types plugin, and you can send the email to lots of options, see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/automated-email-notifications-with-cred/
Screenshot:
hidden link

Hi Luo,

Thanks for the fast response.

Yes, I was referring to "Formidable Forms".

I was viewing CRED as a content creator and editor and not as being a contact form tool.

I will check out how to use it for this purpose.

Thanks for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.