Skip Navigation

[Resolved] $form_data[‘container_id’] – Undefined Index

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
$form_data['container_id'] - Undefined Index when using cred_form_validate hook

Solution:
You should try to use the global post to get the current post ID.

You can find the proposed solution, in this case with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/form_datacontainer_id-undefined-index/#post-1216803

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MattI4840 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to write a validation function for an edit form, in order to do so I am using '$post_id = $form_data['container_id'];' to get the post_id to then get the values for two fields (wpcf-parcel-totes, wpcf-parcel-bags), but I'm getting an error that 'container_id' has an undefined index. I'm confused as I'm using the same syntax in other non-validation functions, and that code works as expected.

I've commented the code below as best as possible to show what I am attempting to do, please let me know where I am falling short here.

function ylstracking_validate_parcel_edit ($field_data, $form_data) {

list($fields,$errors)=$field_data;

//Check to ensure correct from is being used
    if ( 437 == $form_data['id']) {

if ($_POST['wpcf-product-type']==1) { //check to ensure correct product type

$post_id = $form_data['container_id']; //get post id

//get current value of totes/bags for selected parcel (aka values to be restocked)
     		$parcel_totes = get_post_meta($post_id, 'wpcf-parcel-totes', true);
    		$parcel_bags = get_post_meta($post_id, 'wpcf-parcel-bags', true);

//get id of parent warehouse post
	        $parent_warehouse = $_POST['@warehouse-parcel_parent'];
	        //get value of bags/totes-left fields from parent post
	         $warehouse_bags = get_post_meta($parent_warehouse,'wpcf-warehouse-dt80-bags', true);
	         $warehouse_totes = get_post_meta($parent_warehouse,'wpcf-warehouse-dt80-totes', true);

//get id of parent transaction (aka po/purchase order)
	         $parent_po = $_POST['@transaction-parcel_parent'];
	         //get value of bags/totes-left fields from parent transaction
	         $po_bags = get_post_meta($parent_po,'wpcf-trans-dt80-bags', true);
	         $po_totes = get_post_meta($parent_po,'wpcf-trans-dt80-totes', true);

//double parent warehouse for comparison
	         $transaction_warehouse = toolset_get_related_post( $parent_po, 'warehouse-transaction' );

//add the current values for totes/bags to what is currently in the warehouse
	         $warehouse_available_bags = $parcel_bags + $warehouse_bags;
	         $warehouse_available_totes = $parcel_totes + $warehouse_totes;

//add the current values for totes/bags to what is currently in the original po
	         $po_available_bags = $parcel_bags + $po_bags;
	         $po_available_totes = $parcel_totes + $po_totes;

//ensure the correct warehouse was selected on the edit form            
	        if ($parent_warehouse != $transaction_warehouse) {

$errors['wpcf-parcel-totes'] = 'The PO you selected is no located in the Warehouse you selected';
	      } //ensure bags being shipped out does not exceed what is in the warehouse + restocked values
	        if ($_POST['wpcf-parcel-bags'] > $warehouse_available_bags) {

$errors['wpcf-parcel-bags'] = 'The warehouse you selected does not have enough DT80 bags';
	      }
	      		//ensure totes being shipped out does not exceed what is in the warehouse + restocked values
	      	 if ($_POST['wpcf-parcel-totes'] > $warehouse_available_totes) {

$errors['wpcf-parcel-totes'] = 'The warehouse you selected does not have enough DT80 totes';
	      }
	      	//ensure bags being shipped out does not exceed what is in the po + restocked values
	      	if ($_POST['wpcf-parcel-bags'] > $po_available_bags) {

$errors['wpcf-parcel-bags'] = 'The PO you selected does not have enough DT80 bags';
	      }
	      	//ensure totes being shipped out does not exceed what is in the po + restocked values
	      	 if ($_POST['wpcf-parcel-totes'] > $po_available_totes) {

$errors['wpcf-parcel-totes'] = 'The PO you selected does not have enough DT80 totes';
	      }
       }
     }
}

Thanks in advance.
Matt

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I see the issue and I've escalated it to our next level support. Please hold on for further update.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - I just checked with our next level support and we found that container_id is not supported with "cred_form_validate" hook.

You should try to use the following alternative way - instead of using container_id use the global $post:

global $post;
$post_id =  $post->ID; //get post id

//get current value of totes/bags for selected parcel (aka values to be restocked)
    $parcel_totes = get_post_meta($post_id, 'wpcf-parcel-totes', true);
    $parcel_bags = get_post_meta($post_id, 'wpcf-parcel-bags', true);

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.