Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Form is not compatible with Async javascript plugin

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Beda 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hello, Autoptimize and Async Javascript, the most popular plugins for minify css and js, these work good for boosting site speed. so I don't want to change other plugins for minifying css and Js, I have tested with toolset and WPML, and found when I activated the Form(Cred ) plugin, whatever I async or defer Js, the page with form will be broken. I think if I exclude a script or plugin, the issue may be disappeared.

I got an issue says: Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid regular expression flags,hidden link

and then followed the path, got that part of code.

var nonASCIISingleCaseWordChar=/[\u00df\u0587\u0590-\u05f4\u0600-\u06ff\u3040-\u309f\u30a0-\u30ff\u3400-\u4db5\u4e00-\u9fcc\uac00-\ud7af]/function isWordCharBasic(ch){return/\w/.test(ch)||ch>"\x80"&&(ch.toUpperCase()!=ch.toLowerCase()||nonASCIISingleCaseWordChar.test(ch))}
function isWordChar(ch,helper){if(!helper){return isWordCharBasic(ch)}

So, what sript or plugin do I need to exclude? or can you guys check it out? Thank you so much!

You can use the developer tool to check this issue by hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

First of all - After checking debug information you shared with us, I found that you are using outdated Toolset plugins.

I do not know why you are using the Toolset Views 2.6-RC3 version. We always recommend to run your site with latest stable release plugin version. Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest official released version.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
You can download ALL latest Toolset plugins from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Could you please update and check if update of plugins makes any difference.

Hi Minesh, Thank you so much for the reply, I am waiting for the Toolset 3.1, because current many to many relationship misses out some function with WPML. Another site of mine is using the older version of Type, I can update the Form for this site, but there is still an issue here. both of my two sites are the same issue. can you help check it out for me?

Minesh
Supporter

Well - sorry, I do not understand you.

If you are waiting for fix which should be shipped with Types 3.1, I suggest to hold on and wait for that.
OR
Please share a test site where ALL Toolset plugins updated to current latest version and if you still see the issue which you mentioned in your initial post, I would be happy to look at it, so please share access details of test site.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi Minesh, Can I expedite this ticket, I know your tasks are very full. Thank you so much! ?

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - I'm on it now. I login to wp-admin and also checked the problem URL where you added the Toolset form.

I see the javascript error you mentioned in browser console but I would like to understand here, whats not working with Toolset form - whats its breaking?

Both my two sites have the same issue, so I have to find a way to solve. please go to this page by click on hidden link at the bottom of the page, you can see a checkbox field. Normally, when you check one box, the second checkbox field will fade in, in total, there are 5 checkbox field, but if I enable Minify js by Async javascript and Autoptimize. only one checkbox field is shown up.
2. toolset map address field, map, and autosuggestion is not working on form
3. if I enable forms, some elements based on Javascript on the same page will not work properly, you can see the top of that page I provided. there is a bootstrap progress bar at that position. but it didn't work now.

that Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid regular expression flags, I have located on copied here, please check it

var nonASCIISingleCaseWordChar=/[\u00df\u0587\u0590-\u05f4\u0600-\u06ff\u3040-\u309f\u30a0-\u30ff\u3400-\u4db5\u4e00-\u9fcc\uac00-\ud7af]/function isWordCharBasic(ch){return/\w/.test(ch)||ch>"\x80"&&(ch.toUpperCase()!=ch.toLowerCase()||nonASCIISingleCaseWordChar.test(ch))}

THanks!

Also, you can go to admin to activate or deactivate Optimize and Async Javascript to troubleshoot.

I did also find that the datepicker field didn't work as well

Hi Minesh, I have solved, just exclude codemirror.js from minify Js. the issue went.

We now have a DOC explaining how to solve issues with optimization plugins, related to Toolset:
https://toolset.com/faq/how-to-use-optimization-plugins-with-toolset/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.