Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Form Content Blank

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
My problem is that the CRED form content editor is not showing when the cypress theme is active.

Solution:
The problem is that the theme tries to hook into the metaboxes in the site and does changes on them.

In such cases, please check the theme code for something like this "remove_meta_box" or contact you theme author to solve this issue.

Relevant Documentation:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/remove_meta_box

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by simonT-4 7 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author

I am trying to: Create a Post Type Form

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link

This is a conflict with the theme but I have been unable to find where the conflict is originating because it does not generate any errors or conflicts in the debugger. I can provide admin access if required.

Thanks

Simon

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Simon,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Yes please provide me with the admin credentials.

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Simon,

Thank you for the credentials.

However it is not safe to do any form of debugging on a live website.

What I recommend that you do is to install the following plugin and create a duplicator package for me.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Once you have done this then I will have a more detailed look at I'll be able to setup a clone of your site.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

Duplicator has been run and a backup set created using plugin defaults.

I have created a package excluding the uploads directory as that runs into a couple of gb.

Please download from the plugin page when ready

Simon

Shane
Supporter

Hi Simon,

As this is a conflict with our plugin, I'm going to escalate your ticket for further debugging.

Hopefully we can have a solution for this one soon.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello Simon,

I’m Mohammed Toolset support second tier and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

I'm working on the issue.Please wait and I will get back to you again.

Thanks.

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the long waiting time but this really took a lot of time to figure out .

The issue is a theme one. it's not related to CRED or Toolset at all.

Please open this file: \wp-content\themes\cypress\inc\functions\admin_functions.php and comment out line number 109 " unset($features['editor']); "

Then test the issue.
It seems that the them removes some meta boxes which causes the issue.

I recommend you to pass these information to the theme author so that they can solve this issue.

Thanks.

Hi Mohammed

Thanks for the solution. I knew it was theme related but couldn't locate exactly what was causing it. I have contacted the theme developer and am waiting for a response before disabling it permanently.

Simon

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.