Skip Navigation

[Resolved] FORM and Repeatable Fields Group

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I have created a Custom Field Group and inside there are some Custom Fields and one Repeatable Fields Group.
Now, in FORM I have create a Post EDIT form, and a Repeatable Fields Group EDIT form.
So, in the front page I have added the urls to edit the Post and the Repeatable Fields Group. But the Repeatable Fields Group Edit link is not displayed on the posts that have the Repeatable Fields Group active.
I don't know what should I do and where I can add the Repeatable Fields Group edit link.
Also, in the Repeatable Fields Group Form editor, I cannot select to display the post after saving, and I don't know why...

In a nutshell I did not understand the logic of how the FORM works for Repeatable Fields Group

Is there any documentation that you are following? I don't know

Is there a similar example that we can see? I don't know

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

To use Toolset forms to edit existing data that comes from repeatable groups, you need to display form in a View that lists repeatable field group.

Can you please try to follow the following Doc and try to resolve your issue.
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/creating-and-displaying-repeatable-field-groups/front-end-forms-for-repeatable-field-groups/#forms-for-editing-values-of-existing-repeatable-field-groups

I'm trying soon this solution

Minesh
Supporter

Ok fine - please follow the Doc and hopefully you able to make it working.

Hi Minesh,
One question:
I have create the Repeatable Fields Group Edit FORM, I have added it into a View following the guide.
But, now, where I can add the View, only in the page where there is the Post Edit FORM?
If yes, if I want to put the Edit Post "Save" button after the View, what should I do? Because if I add the View inside the Edit Post Form, the View in front end return me some inconsistecies messages...

And, if I want to create a separated page to show the RFG Edit Form, what should I do?

Minesh
Supporter

Try to follow the following steps:
- Create a new page and add Edit form for RFG to it as given under.
For example:

[cred_form form='your-form-slug' post='[wpv-search-term param='rfg_item_id']']

- Now, within your view, try to link to the newly created page above as given under:

<a href="link-to-your-page/?rfg_item_id="[wpv-post-id]> Edit  </a>

And, because it is a RFG Edit FORM, what should I do to display the link only in the posts that has the RPG?

Minesh
Supporter

Sorry, I did not get you well. Where exactly you wanted to display the RFG edit links?

Can you please share problem URL and wp-admin access details and guide me where exactly you want to display what.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi Minesh,
sorry for the delay of the reply.

I have solved creating a modal popup section.

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

Great. Feel free to share the solution you created that might help other users searching on this forum.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.