Skip Navigation

[Resolved] "For" in label for radio button does not take correct value 2

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi Shane,

This is a continuation of this support thread - https://toolset.com/forums/topic/for-in-label-for-radio-button-does-not-take-correct-value/.

While I found a workaround to make "for" attribute of labels to have the same value as input ID, this workaround is not working if the form is inside a pop-up (bootstrap modal dialog) or inside a bootstrap tab.

In fact, even if I use default styling, the "for" attribute takes some random value.

Besides, it not only messes up the fields built with the Toolset, but also the fields I added into the form manually. It replaces the "for" I specified for the label in php with a random value.

Please test it on your side and confirm (or not) the issue.

Thanks.

I assigned this Ticket to Shane since you requested his help.

I think we have internally something filed for it, and I already gave Shane a Hint on the internal issue tracker.

If that reported issue/request does not exactly match your issue, Shane will debug this with you and either file a Feature Request or a BUG Report.

I just wanted to let you know that CRED uses a lot of "random" values.
In ID's and other attributes.
Those change either per-form or even each time you load a form.
This is due to the uniqueness of each form/Field.
If we would not do that, fields and posts can get overwritten.

This is of course not related to the "for" attribute, but it is for the ID of several things.
And that we cannot easily change.

Anyway, Shane will be with you on Monday.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Valeria,

It seems that there was a feature request opened for this and a document shared. I've requested permissions to view this document and will let you know if the request was added or not.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the update. The good news is that the site is still in development, so I have time to wait for the fix. At the same time, remembering my last request, it took you guys 1.5 months to give some news, so I hope this is not going to be the same case.

Looking forward for your news about it.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Valeria,

I havn't gotten an update on this one as yet. I've posted a reminder in the escalated ticket for this one.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I've got a reminder from your cleanup robot this morning (4 times for some reason) to update this thread.

The issue is still very hot and I'm looking forward to hearing your good news about it as it affects almost a half of the sites I've built with Toolset.

Thank you.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Valeria,

I can confirm that it has been added to our list of CRED requests and waiting for the appropriate steps to be taken for this to be discussed with our development team.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Your cleanup robot keeps reminding me of this ticket. I'm still waiting for your news. Is there any?

Thanks.

Hi, Shane is currently unavailable but will return tomorrow to continue working on this request. Thanks for your patience.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Valeriia,

There's not much in news I can provide after the feature request has been added to our list since it is out of my hands whether it will be added or not.

I can only give information when the status of the request is approved.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

In order for my ticket not to get closed automatically while I'm waiting for the solution, I guess it makes sense if you don't reply to this message and it does not take status "Waiting for user confirmation". Please reply only if you have any news.

Otherwise I'm forced to write to you every week.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Valeriia,

The issue is that the ticket cannot sit idle in the queue 🙁

Usually once a feature request has been made and the customer is informed that this request has been made then there really isn't anything else that we as support can do but to inform of the request.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Valeria

I was trying to solve the same problem, what worked for me was instead of:

input[type=radio] {display:none !important;}

enter

input[type=radio] {visibility:hidden;}

Hope it works for you too.

Cheers,
Jason

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the input here.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.