Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Font Awesome conflict between Views 1.11.1 and the Salient theme

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robertW-3 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have a Font Awesome conflict between Views 1.11.1 and the Salient theme from ThemeNectar. Using WordPress 4.3.1

When views is activated the Font Awesome menu icon disappears.

Views is deregistering the Font Awesome version that the theme is using and supplementing its own. Tried to deregister the Views version but could not. I was also concerned that if I did deregister would it adversely effect Views.

Please advise.

Dear robert,

Since it is a compatibility problem, please post a downloadable URL for the "Salient theme from ThemeNectar", and describe detail steps to duplicate same problem, I need test and debug it in a live website, thanks

Hi Luoy,
Can you send me a link to post those download links privately.
Best, Rob

Please fill below private message box with a downloadable URL of the the "Salient theme from ThemeNectar", and describe detail steps to duplicate same problem, thanks

Thanks for the details, I can download those theme files, could you describe detail steps to duplicate same problem?
Where can I see the the disappeared Font Awesome menu icon? thanks

Hi Luoy,

When both the Salient theme and the latest version of Views are activated AwesomeFonts does not work properly.

Set up a site with just the Salient theme activated and when you close down the window the 3 bar menu icon appears.

Then activate Views and close down the window. You will see that the icon has disappeared.

Rob

7.jpg

Are we talking about the three menu item in wordpress dashboard:
Home Slider, Nectar Slider and Salient

I can not duplicate same problem with the latest version of Views + fresh wordpress (4.4) installation

See the screenshot: 7.jpg

I suggest you try this:
Deactivate other plugins and test again.

Hi Luoy,

Thanks for your help.

I was able to fix the problem through the child theme.

Basically what was happening was that the version of font-awesome.min.css used by the Salient theme was being replaced by the version used by Views.

When I ran a comparison between the two files I found that aside from the few upgrades to the standard code there were a number of additional unique styles. So I put those styles into the style.css in the Salient child theme. That solved the problem.

Hope this helps others

Rob

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.