Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Follow Up Question for "create a form that outputs a list ( cv) Tags

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by evaM 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I still need assistance pleas for the following former issue

"create a form that outputs a list ( cv)
Tags: Content-submission forms, Forms with post relationships, Setting up custom fields, Setting up custom taxonomy, Setting up custom types, Setting up post relationship, Toolset Forms, Types plugin

Front-end Content Submission and Editing Forms
CRED Forms for Child Content
Adding Custom Fields to WordPress
Adding Custom Taxonomies to WordPress and Creating Archives
WordPress Custom Post Types
Creating Post Type Relationships"

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes
https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-display-related-posts-with-toolset/
and the great example of Mr. Waqar
can you forward me to Mr. Waqar please?

but, i am too stupid to unterstand it fully,

so ... creating child posts with custom fields and custom taxonomy is not the case, that works
also to create relationships is no problem
also creating the forms ( ad and edit ones) is fine

BUT

what i do not get is:

the only page, that in your example is THIS ONE hidden link

HOW do I create without creating pages get to these two?:
in your example
there is : this page hidden link ( where I see the cv as a table)
and this page hidden link ( where I can add and edit the cv-inputs)
but how is it created, when I do not create it as a normal page ( where should i style it, customize it? I think i am thinking in wrong ways, but i cannot manage to release the thinking-knot)

AND next question is:
how can I put a form into a design like yours as a table and add also the custom taxonomy as a dropdown on the frontend?
and add the delete-link? hidden link
did you design it in the expert mode?

AND LAST:
how did you mange to create a view as a table ? hidden link

So is it possible to
write down something like a step by step to do list?

sorry for being that complicated

hopeful regards, Eva

Is there a similar example that we can see?
we had it in our last conversation, please check it as mentioned above

What is the link to your site?
schpinn.at

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Eva,

Thank you for your questions and I'd be happy to follow-up.

> the only page, that in your example is THIS ONE hidden link
> HOW do I create without creating pages get to these two?:
> in your example
> there is : this page hidden link ( where I see the cv as a table)
> and this page hidden link ( where I can add and edit the cv-inputs)
> but how is it created, when I do not create it as a normal page ( where should i style it, customize it?

- Your observation is correct and on my demo website, I just created one page "My Dashboard".

The other links that you refer to are the single "CVs" post pages, which are available at:
hidden link

Whenever a new CV will be created through the "Add New CV" form, available at the "My Dashboard" page, a new "CVs" post will be created here.

If you'll go to WP Admin -> Toolset -> Content Templates ( hidden link ), you'll see two content templates:

a). CT for CVs - viewing:
This is the default content template that is assigned to a single "CVs" post when it is simply being viewed.

b). CT for CVs - editing:
This is the content template that is used when a single "CVs" post is being edited.

To better understand the usage of content templates, this guide will help:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-templates-to-display-custom-posts/

> how can I put a form into a design like yours as a table and add also the custom taxonomy as a dropdown on the frontend?
> and add the delete-link? hidden link
> did you design it in the expert mode?

- This will become more clear once you'll examine the contents of the content template "CT for CVs - viewing".

Your understanding of using the expert mode in form for showing fields in a table format is correct.

When you'll go to WP Admin -> Toolset -> Post Forms ( hidden link ), you'll see 4 forms in there.

For the "Add CV" and the "Edit CV" forms, I didn't need to switch to expert mode, since I didn't require any specific layout.

But for the other two forms "Add CV Record" and "Edit CV Record", I needed a more compact and inline field structure, so after creating the forms with the necessary fields, I switched to the expert mode and wrapped the fields inside the table HTML.

Note: For individual "CV Records" posts, I used custom fields for "Year", "Role", "Production" and "Director" and a taxonomy for the "Company".

To learn about adding custom post types, fields, and taxonomies, this guide will help:
https://toolset.com/course-chapter/setting-up-custom-post-types-fields-and-taxonomy-directory/

> how did you mange to create a view as a table ? hidden link

- Again, this will become clearer, when you'll see how different blocks are set up in the content template "CT for CVs - viewing".

In that content template, you'll find a View block that is set to show all the "CV Records" posts related to the current CV post, in a table loop structure.

Here is a guide on using View block, to show the list of the desired posts:
https://toolset.com/course-chapter/creating-custom-lists-of-directory-items-with-views/

Tip: I'll recommend completing some of the courses available in our documentation, to get familiar with basic Toolset features and terminologies:
https://toolset.com/documentation/

After that, when you'll review the items available on my demo website, they'll start making more sense.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.