Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Follow up on ticket regarding list for the host

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.55 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 34 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi there,

i am following up on this ticket: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/list-of-bookings-for-the-host/

You guys said that it can be done if i get a developer to make some cutsom code, but i talked to 3 developers by now who all says that this can not be made with ToolSet and that toolset is the blocker here:

"Creating a list of the signed up persons, can't be done for the single camp that only the camp creater can se. The list output will be, so that all will be able to see it, and the list will be bundled together in on long list, but being able to see witch camp they have signed up for.

Basically this setup can not be used to this kind of setup, the client asked for. This has to be custom made from the bottom."

I just think it is a little unfair that you guys tell me that it can be done with custom code but then i get another answer that says it can not be done at all because I use Toolset...

Can we please solve this? I just need it done, i don't care how.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Mai,

I'm not sure why the developers told you that this isn't possible. To make sure there is no misunderstanding in the communication, I'm going to share a summary of the current setup, your requirement, and some pointers on how this can be done:

1. Setup:

- When a host user creates a "Camp" post where he/she is the author through a Toolset Form, it also creates a WooCommerce "Product" of the same name. At the same time, the form also connects the created "Camp" and the "Product" posts through the "Camp Products" relationship.

- For someone to join or make a booking for a camp, he/she needs to place a WooCommerce order for that Product.

2. Requirement:

What you need now is a page for the host, where he/she can see the list of his/her camps, along with the bookings or orders placed for those camps.

3. Solution:

- Using a Toolset view, you can show the list of all the Camp posts from the host, by using the author filter.
( i.e. show all the camp posts where the currently logged-in user is the author )

Up to this part, you don't even need any custom code.

- Once you're inside the individual host's Camp post loop, you have the ID of the camp post. This means that you can also get the ID of the connected "Product" post from the "Camp Products" relationship.
( for this part you can either use a nested view with a relationship filter or use the "toolset_get_related_posts" function: https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/post-relationships-api/#toolset_get_related_posts )

- When you know the ID of the host's "Product" post, you can use some custom code the get the list of all the bookings or orders for that particular product.

You'll find a number of snippets and suggestions for this part online:
hidden link
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45848249/woocommerce-get-all-orders-for-a-product

I hope this summary will help in discussion with the developers and for someone proficient with PHP, WordPress, Toolset, and WooCommerce, this shouldn't be too challenging.

Note: If you're finding this current structure and customization too much work, you can always consider switching to third-party, pre-built booking plugins:
hidden link
hidden link

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

I will send them your answer and see what they say 🙂

Thank you - i am very happy that you tell me this can be done 🙂

I don't think switching to a third party plugin is possible though - because we build the entire site in ToolSet and WooCommerce. Putting in a booking plugin now will just make everything a mess right?

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for the update and hope that my message will help.

Whether you'd prefer to keep using the current setup or switch to a third-party booking plugin, is completely your choice.

If you want, you can try out some of those plugins on a separate test website, to see what they offer out-of-the-box and whether they can simplify your workflow.

Hi Waqar,
So the plugins will be compatible with the ToolSet setup we have now and also compatible with the host / customer solution we set up?

Waqar
Supporter

I'm sorry if my earlier message caused some confusion.

If you'll be using a third-party booking plugin, you'll be using that plugin's features to book the available camps and will not need the current setup that uses "Camp-Product" relationship and WooCommerce checkout.

I only suggested this option as an alternate, if you're finding the current setup limited or too complex. But, if the current setup is fulfilling your requirements, you can continue without a third-party booking plugin.

You just need a good developer, iron out the remaining customization bits.

Hi Waqar,

Okay thank you. Right now I can not acces other that this ticket, so I will have to talk about a few things here:
_________
1) On the other ticket about the emails for the host you wrote:
Hi Mai,

Did you get a chance to discuss with your developer(s) the summary that I shared in the other ticket?
( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/follow-up-on-ticket-regarding-list-for-the-host/#post-1993373 )

For someone who is familiar with PHP, WooCommerce, and Toolset, this ticket's requirement shouldn't be difficult, once the current setup is clearly communicated.

Please make sure to also share the following background discussions:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/add-information-to-email-continued/page/2/#post-1885927
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/information-from-content-template-still-not-showing-up-in-email/page/2/
hidden link

regards,
Waqar

- I was waiting for you to do some test on the specific email function - the list and email function are 2 different assignments as I see it. Did you run the tests? The list function and the email to the host after a customer book a camp is the only things left for us.
_________

2)
The ticket regarding email data where you told me to edit the test-template: Now the data is gone and it is not in the emails anymore - can you please check what I did wrong? I just added a title in the template. Thank you so much.

Hi Waqar,

The developers just got back to me. What they say is:

They agree that all the needed data is there and they agree on the way you recommend setting it up BUT
1) The order mail to the host: The host email is not being pulled from the TollSet data. So even though they set it up as you discribe the toolset host mail is not being pulled over to the woocommerce part. So the woocommerce part and toolset part are not "communicating".

2) the list for each camp with signups: Same problem - the mails are not being pulled - the connection between toolset and woocommerce is not working even though it should in theory.

I really hope you can help us. As I said earlier this is all we need to be done.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Mai,

To investigate these remaining parts, I'll need to perform some troubleshooting on your website's clone.

Do I have your permission to download a fresh duplicator package from the website?
( the Duplicator plugin is already installed )

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar.

Yes of course - you have permission to do whatever you need and want to to help 🙂

Hi Waqar,
Any news?

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Mai,

Thank you for the permission and I've downloaded the duplicator package from your website.

I'll be performing some troubleshooting on my server and will keep you updated with my findings.

Thank you for your patience.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Thank you! Is that why all the woocommerce elements that we set up on forms, content templates etc. is not working right now at all? No data is showing up, but i thought it might be because of the trouble shooting.

Hi Waqar,
Any news? Do i have to do anything?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.