Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Flow process from user form to admin multi step communication Gravityflow

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by brianO 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
First, thank you for your time and patience with me.
I am attempting to build an eCommerce site that has a form that allows the Users to Select form options select a quantity of the items. For each item a repeatable field group will be created so that the client must fill and select the required content. If they do not finish filling in all the repeatable items, they can log back in later to finish. Once finished the user and admin would receive a notification email/text message. If they forget to finish the form, they would get a notification 2 days later to finish.

Now that the form and user registration is complete, the admin will need to have many fields some would update on the users page (some hidden notes) updating on current status (steps) and send email/ SMS to the users. Also have messaging field the user can ask to the admin. At the midpoint of the flow, the admin would send an invoice to the client to pay (square or paypal). The admin would continue to update the flow with updates to order until items have been finally shipped to the user.

Once the user is set, they would have the ability to order again but not have to fill out the general user shipping info part of the first form (user extended profile).
Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link creates a flow process I believe will do what I need. Similar to what a crm can do. But I prefer toolset form and theme building over gravityforms (plus you all rock!), I just don't know if I can make this flow process.

What is the link to your site?

Hi, the short answer is that some of this isn't possible with Toolset, a lot of it will require custom code, and some of it is possible. There's a lot here to analyze, but here are some things that jumped out at me:
1. There is no "flow" process in Toolset, so you can't do things like trigger emails when half of all the fields in a Form have been submitted, or trigger another email when all fields have been submitted. That would require custom code.
2. It sounds like you want to create one Form by submitting another Form. That will be fairly complex, especially if repeatable field groups are involved. The current process for editing repeatable field groups splits each iteration (row) of the repeatable field group into separate Forms - you cannot edit multiple repeatable field groups in the same Form, and you cannot easily edit the main post in a Form that edits one of the repeatable field group iterations. Those must be separate Forms, unless you plan to implement a significant amount of custom PHP. To create a repeatable field group based on the submission of another Form will require advanced understanding of the WordPress PHP API.
3. There is no arbitrary invoice trigger mechanism built-in to Toolset. To trigger a purchase with WooCommerce, you can designate one Form that creates an Order in WooCommerce (a commerce form). When that specific Form is submitted, the User is redirected to the WooCommerce cart and must complete an order for a simple Product there. We have documentation for the Forms Commerce system available here: https://toolset.com/course-lesson/charge-users-for-submitting-content/
The avaialble API hooks are documented here: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-commerce-api/
You could use custom code to trigger specific actions, like setting custom field values, using those event hooks.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.