Skip Navigation

[Resolved] First page of infinite scroll is replacing the initially loaded posts

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to do an add more button , but taking a step back and just using standard infinite scroll the first load more on scroll replaces the first initially loaded posts. I can provide access to the site, I was hoping to do a chat so I could show you the issue. however I will provide a login if you can provide me with the form again.

Hi, can you try these troubleshooting steps first and let me know the results?
- Temporarily switch to the default Twenty Nineteen theme, temporarily disable all custom code snippets, then disable all plugins except Views and try again. If necessary, change the post type to something built-in to WordPress, like Posts or Pages.
- If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns.
- If the problem was not resolved, please copy the markup from your View's loop editor here for me to review. If you're using a loop template, please copy that code for me to review as well.
- If any JavaScript errors appear in the browser console when the results are overwritten, please copy + paste that for me to review here too.

Let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

Okay I don't see anything obviously wrong here. Could I log in and take a look at the configurations in wp-admin? Private reply fields are enabled. FYI, we implemented a change last year so that all URLs are hidden in the forums, except to the author of the ticket and support staff. I made your last reply private anyway, just wanted you to be aware.

I'm not exactly clear what's happening here, but it might have to do with the fact that this Page:
hidden link
/about-ghva/blog/
...is at a URL assigned as the location of the post archives:
hidden link

As a test, you could try:
1. Trash this page temporarily and test again. Or...
2. Choose a permalink structure like Year / Month, and resave your site permalinks. Then check the archives at their standard /category/uncategorized URL.

Then let me know if infinite scrolling works as expected or not after you modify the permalink structure.

Same thing with default permalink structure - hidden link

Okay thanks, I'll make a clone and try to do some more in-depth testing locally. I'll update you soon.

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 6.31.27 PM.png

Hmmm, the cloned site infinite scrolling works as expected on my localhost. Here's a screenshot. I can see that you're on a Litespeed server. I wonder if there is any aggressive caching in place on your server that could be working against us here? Is there any object caching you can clear, or any other server-side caching system you can flush? Any way to exclude specific URLs?

Sorry for the extra post, please see my previous response in the forum. I set the incorrect status for my reply.

Ok, hmm. I don't manage the server, I'll see what I can do! thanks for verifying that.

You're quite welcome. Let me know if there's any information you need from me to help facilitate a conversation with the hosting team.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.