Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Filters stopped working

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by katjaL 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I don't know what has happened, but one filtered view doesn't work anymore. I have to filter with 2 taxonomies (one with view shortcode and the other with select field defined by url param) and a custom fields, a date field (number lower/older than today). Now the select taxonomy (year) filter shows proper number of items in dropdown select - for example "2009 (17)", but when choosing this taxonomy with 17 items, you get all the items.

What might be wrong here?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Do you see any JS errors in the browser console on that page?

I'm not quite following the details from your description of what exactly isn't working, and I think it would help if I could see the problem for myself.

Let me set your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

What page can I see the problem on?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Screenshot 2020-01-08 at 13.38.47.png

Hi Katja

It looks like the View was edited and the filter controls no longer correspond to the Query Filter that is inserted which should match the shortcodes inserted in the Search and Pagination editor.

See the screenshot.

In the top section there is a Query Filter for a taxonomy ("Vuodet"), but in the Search and Pagination section there is a filter control inserted for a custom field "Vuosi" using a wpv-control-postmeta shortcode (rather than a wpv-control-post-taxonomy shortcode that would be used for a taxonomy filter).

Hence the warning message because of the disparity between the two.

I think you should probably delete the taxonomy Query Filter, then delete the markup for the filter control, and then use the New Filter button to add back the filter control for the correct taxonomy, which should add the correct markup in the Search and Pagination section as well as inserting the correct Query Filter.

Let me know how you get on.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.