Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Filters no longer working

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I built a landing page with the Salon Locator (you can go to the Lanza.com link and click on salon locator). Several areas for some reason no longer filter despite having been set up and working great for a number of months.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I used the documentation for setting up a directory.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please try these:

1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

3) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

4) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

If you go to this URL, this is my development space. I have every other plugin turned off and I have reset to a base theme. hidden link

If you click on Canada or Bermuda it does nothing, it just spins. If you click on United States, the states appear, but almost half of them do not function and also just SPIN.

For the record so you know what US states to look at:
Arkansas,
California
Connecticut
Illinois
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Maryland
Michigan
Mississippi
Missouri
Nebraska
Nevada
New Jersey
N. Dakota
Oklahoma
Oregon
Rhode Island
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia

The file you provided is not valid, I get 404 error
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/filters-no-longer-working-2/#post-1788233

please try as I mentioned above:
you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only

Thanks

Also your reply tool here won't let me just reply with a link. It requires I upload a file for a private message.

Please put the file into your own account of hidden link, and share the link, thanks

This reply however will be public. I don't want my link public.

Please put the file into your own account of hidden link, and share the link, I can change your reply to private, thanks

Set the next reply as private and I'll put the link there and upload a dummy zip file so the system will let me post it. I'm not posting a link to my database on a public forum. That's bad form for any developer to do or ask for.

Private message box enabled again

Access required, please grant it, then update here.

Updated access.

I have tried to import the file "mysql.sql" you provided, but get a lots of mysql errors, for example:

ERROR 1231 (42000) at line 6259 in file: 'mysql.sql': Variable 'time_zone' can't be set to the value of 'NULL'
ERROR 1231 (42000) at line 6261 in file: 'mysql.sql': Variable 'sql_mode' can't be set to the value of 'NULL'
ERROR 1231 (42000) at line 6262 in file: 'mysql.sql': Variable 'foreign_key_checks' can't be set to the value of 'NULL'
ERROR 1231 (42000) at line 6263 in file: 'mysql.sql': Variable 'unique_checks' can't be set to the value of 'NULL'
ERROR 1231 (42000) at line 6264 in file: 'mysql.sql': Variable 'character_set_client' can't be set to the value of 'NULL'

Please follow our document to make the duplicator package:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

You can make the database only package by following their document:
hidden link

Private message box enabled again

It is not a good idea to debug in your live production website, I don't want to break your website when doing the debug.

As you request, I have enabled the private message box again, please provide your website credentials, I will export the database from your website.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.