Skip Navigation

[Closed] Filters don't launch search immediately

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi,
On homepage and several other pages, I noticed the first input does not launch the search immediately, and I have to make another input in the search form (for instance adding a choice in multiselect or press "enter" in text field) in order to trigger the search.
Thank you.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

To better assist with this issue, I'll need to take a closer look at that view and check why this is happening. If you would agree to allow me temporary access to your admin area, your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Thank you for your feedback. I checked the homepage and I was not able to reproduce the same issue.
The search input will actually need to hit enter before it works, but the select2 filters are working for me as soon as I select a value.

The page takes around 10s for me, and an additional time to render the select2, maybe that's the issue that you are encountering.

I'll suggest to purge all the caches, in the server and in your browser and try again. If you still encounter the issue, please record a screencast of the issue to help me understand it better, you can use a tool such as loom or screencastify for recording.

The topic ‘[Closed] Filters don't launch search immediately’ is closed to new replies.