Skip Navigation

[Closed] Filter with more than one category selected not working

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 4.39.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 4.39.48 PM.png

I have a view that is pulling multiple content types - posts, resources (custom post type via Toolset), and events (cpt) and is filtered on a tag and resource type (custom toolset taxonomy assigned to all three post types in content).

The issue is that when I try to filter on more than one resource type with the "Any of the following" selected, no content displays even though there are posts meeting the criteria. I assume that "Any of the following" is an OR statement, not an AND.

The view can be seen on hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the specific steps to see the issue that some results should be showing, but are not?

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Please keep in mind that this is a live site and it might be best for you to create a copy of the view to test.

The "[Webinar] The Future of Account-Based Selling" Event has both "On-Demand Webinars" and "Upcoming Webinar" Resource Types and "Featured – Webinar Header" tag currently assigned to it. We would prefer to have only the "Upcoming Webinar" Resource Type be assigned to it. (Note: This post has a redirect coded into it, so best to view it within edit mode)

If you go to the "21 - webinar featured hero" view, we would prefer to have it pull in the most recent post, resource type, or event that has the tag "Featured – Webinar Header" and either "On-Demand Webinars" OR "Upcoming Webinar" resource type selected. However, when you go to the View's Content Selection section, edit the filters, and select more than one Resource Type with "Any of the following" and update; then the view display on the hidden link page shows a no content error even though there is a post with that criteria.

Login credentials were provided, but I have not seen a response on this yet.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing these details and I apologize for the delay in getting back on this.

I've performed a couple of tests on my website, with similar taxonomy filters and I couldn't reproduce this issue.

When the "Any of the following" option is selected, the taxonomy query uses the "OR" operator and not "AND", as expected.
(strictly technically speaking, "IN" operator is used in the actual query)

Here is a screenshot of the taxonomy filters from my test website:
hidden link

And here is a screenshot of the results shown on the front-end:
hidden link

This suggests that something specific to your website is involved, and it can also be the result of an aggressive cache from your host (WP Engine) or CDN (AWS).

To troubleshoot this, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. Please make sure that WordPress, active theme, and plugins (especially Toolset) are all updated to the latest versions.

2. It would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one by one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

3. In case the issue still persists, I'll need a clone/snapshot of the website, so that it can be investigated on a different server, without affecting the live website.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

Note: We usually recommend the Plugin “Duplicator” (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for this purpose, but some hosts like WP Engine are known to block it.

For those hosts, you can create a backup file using the "All-in-One WP Migration" plugin:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

Please let me know how it goes and I've set your next reply as private, again.

The topic ‘[Closed] Filter with more than one category selected not working’ is closed to new replies.