Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Filter Repeteable group fields using views

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Filter Repeteable group fields using views - Filtering a Repeating Field Group by it's (own custom) fields, that will allow you to search within the Repeating Field Group entries

Solution:
There is a workaround to achieve this if you just wanted to search within the entries added using the Repeating Field Group. Where you can set your view to display Repeating Field Group and add the query filters using "Query Filter" section and then add the front-end filters to "Search and Pagination" section and add the RFG fields you want to display within your view's "Loop Output" section.

You can find the proposed solution, in this case with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/filter-repeteable-group-fields-using-views/#post-1217690

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by culturaI 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hello i'm not sure if this functionality is working or not (or exist some way to accomplish this) so i would like a response from you:

Tell us what you are trying to do? Filter Repeteable group fields using views

Is there any documentation that you are following? nothing found

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - Filtering views results using fields of Repeating Fields Group is not supported yet but this is the feature many clients asking and known to our Devs.

This feature is set to publish with the view's version 2.9 in the near future but there is no ETA on it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Just to confirm with you regarding your exact requirement and to have more clarity about that:

we have two options here:
1) Filtering a Repeating Field Group by it's (own custom) fields, that will allow you to search within the Repeating Field Group entries
=> There is a workaround to achieve this if you just wanted to search within the entries added using the Repeating Field Group. Where you can set your view to display Repeating Field Group and add the query filters using "Query Filter" section and then add the front-end filters to "Search and Pagination" section and add the RFG fields you want to display within your view's "Loop Output" section.

2) Filtering a Post by their Repeating Field Group fields to which the Repeating field group is attached.
=> This is a feature request and I advise to submit this feature request using the following form:
--- https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Additionally, there is no ETA and promise on the release of views plugin having this feature added, if you are looking for that feature.

I hand option 1.
I did exactly how you explained and my issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.