Skip Navigation

[Resolved] filter parameter being returned by shortcode

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am mapping thousands of addresses and I calculate the distance from a selected marker to all the others and then show on a map only those within (say) 300 miles of the selected marker
I use a filter: range < 300 miles, which works because I recompute the range of every marker every time a different marker is selected
However it is very slow
If instead I computed the range of each marker from the north pole I would not have to recompute the range between markers
The filter would be Range (from the north pole) of the selected marker +150 miles or -150 miles
I could perform this calculation in a PHP snippet however I would require the filter to accept the output of a shortcode as the value to select against
Is this possible?
The benefit should be a greatly reduced workload as only those markers in a 300 mile band around the world would need to be touched
Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To suggest the best way to achieve this, I'll need to see how your existing view is set up to perform the distance-based filtration.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the example page with this view?

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Hi,

Thanks for writing back.

Just wanted to update you that Waqar is on holidays and will be able to follow up on this ticket when he gets back on Monday.

Thank you for your patience

I've moved on with the code
You can delete this request if you like and I will be back in touch
Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update.

This ticket will stay open for a couple of weeks, in case you have any follow-up questions.

For a new question or concern, you're welcome to start a new ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.