Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Filter: Label field missing “for”

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to replace the standard checkboxes in my View filter with images. In order to do this, I need to apply a class to the checkbox's parent label that determines whether or not to show the checkmark in the checkbox. I am using AJAX to update my View results whenever an input is changed.

Solution:
Use some jQuery to modify the parent element whenever a checkbox is changed. Run the same jQuery when the page loads to ensure the checkboxes are set correctly before anything changes. Use the front-end events feature to listen for search results updates.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/advanced-settings-custom-search/

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Sammut 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Thank you for your help! Same as before it will not say checked, only on a full page refresh.

Hi, I think you replaced some of the code in the JS panel (inside the template?), but I need you to replace all the code in the JS panel. Please delete everything in that JS code area, then paste the code I provided.

By goodness, you got it!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Awesome!! If everything looks good to you, may I kindly ask you to mark this ticket as resolved? If you have other issues, feel free to open a separate ticket so I can address those as soon as possible. Thank you!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.