Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fill a pop-up with custom post content

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user would like to have a popup/modal window in one of his Toolset pages.

Solution:
Toolset does not offer such an element as Popup or Modal. On the other hand, Toolset can load Twitter Bootstrap (versions 3 or 4), Twitter Bootstrap includes a modal element which can be used then to create the desired user experience/interface.
Check this video about Bootstrap modals. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT9Tta7xWdo

You can embed a modal for each item of the view. Wrap the headshot image inside a tag and configure it to open its modal.
Note that "id" in the modal or the buttons MUST be unique through the page. Use [wpv-post-id] in id with a prefix to ensure unique ids (e.g. "modal-[wpv-post-id] or close-[wpv-post-id]" ).

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by perryA 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I'm trying to set up a Team page -- where a set of headshots are in a grid, and when a headshot is clicked, a pop-up comes up with the post content. Right now the pop-up comes up, but there is no content in it (there is no option to link post content to a pop-up that I can see). Also -- on the page with the headshots, once you click on a headhsot (and the empty pop-up comes up and you close it) if the user clicks on another headshot nothing happens.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I visited the page, but no popup was opened on click, only animation on hover. I suppose you have changed the view.

I am curious to know how do you build the popups? Is it with bootstrap or using Elementor? Can you record a short video on how you create a popup and allow me temporary access to check your view closer?

Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Perry,

Check this video, it explains how to use Bootstrap modals from Bootstrap 3. There are other videos about using Bootstrap 4.
hidden link

You can embed a modal for each item of the view. Wrap the headshot image inside a <a> tag and configure it to open its modal.
Note that "id" in the modal or the buttons MUST be unique through the page. Use [wpv-post-id] in id with a prefix to ensure unique ids (e.g. "modal-[wpv-post-id] or close-[wpv-post-id]" ).

I hope this gives some ideas on how to build it. Let me know if you have any questions.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.