Skip Navigation

[Resolved] fields with single or double quotes are not saved from a Toolset form

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.07 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Created 2 select fields for measurement (feet & inches) ..... found out you can not use symbols (like ' or ") in the custom field content part but its fine in the display text part. I created the fields, but them in a form, then tested and found they do not save properly and do not display at all. There should be an early warning when creating the field that symbols are not allowed OR FIX it to allow symbols.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Our 2nd Tier is working on this issue. I'll get back to you as soon as we have some progress to share.

Jamal
Supporter

Our 2nd Tier has escalated this issue to the developer. I'll get back to you as soon as we have a fix or workaround about it.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

This issue has been fixed and release in this week's update. Please make a full backup and update Toolset plugins, then check if the issue is resolved.

I highly recommend testing the update on a staging site before applying it to the live site.

Let me know what you will get.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.