Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fields not showing on user profiles (posts)

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MargeP6083 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am using Beaver Themer to create a template to view user profiles. It worked ok before. Profile fields inserted by shortcode were working ok. Now, some fields are showing and others are not. This is happening on admin and as logged in user.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see the fields with content and selections populated.

Instead, I got: empty fields.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Marge,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've checked the talent profile post that you've mentioned ("Did I hear that right?") and noticed that fields that are not showing any values on the front-end, don't have any option or values selected on the post edit screen.
( example: Talent, Gender, Race, Ethnicity, etc )

Have you previously selected any options for these fields or were any changes introduced to the settings of these fields?

Please select some options for these fields and let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

Hi,

I went to the edit profile page and see fields are ticked, but not showing hidden link
and hidden link

This is happening on multiple profiles and only on tick boxes. There were no changes to tick boxes.

I searched other threads and it looks like there is a known problem.

https://toolset.com/errata/toolset-form-doesnt-save-checkboxes-field-values/

This patch works partly, but the user needs to go back an re-check all the check boxes. So, any previously saved check boxes are not showing the content. Any recommendations?

Also related to check boxes, this form is not showing a single checkbox that is a required field.
hidden link

I changed from Beaver Themer Template to normal Beaver Builder. Other issues, but this issue is fixed. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.