Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fields are not populating

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the customer was unable to add new customer fields using Types to his custom post types.

Solution:

This issue was being caused by a modsecurity block, so if you are experiencing this issue I would recommend getting in touch with your hosting provider and check if the action is being blocked by the server.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by BarryS9673 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Capture.PNG

Hi,

I am trying to: Create a new form field

Howveer it does not do anything when I click the button, locally I have jo issue but online it does not work, plus, if I try too many times my server blocks me. mod_security

Any ideas?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Barry,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Issues like these normally occur because of plugin conflicts.

What i would recommend that you do is to temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins and try adding the field again.

Please let me know the results of this.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I attempted that and it still does not resolve the issue, same problem persists. 🙂

Shane
Supporter

Hi Barry,

Thank you for trying this for me 🙂

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can have a look at the issue for you ?

I'll be enabling the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Barry,

Can you add my IP 72.252.136.82
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, that has been unblocked and whitelisted.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Barry,

Thanks for adding my IP.

Could you let me know which version of PHP you are currently using ? i'm not even able add a new custom field group so this issue is very strange.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi, I have just changed it to 5.5 and it is still having the same issue.

Just out of interest, I tested another site on my server that uses toolset and the same issue exists.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Barry,

Wordpress currently recommends php version 5.6 as its minimum requirements 🙁 so 5.5 is still below the minimum.

What i can do is create a clone of your website on my local host and test it there to see if the same issue remains as i'm running php version 5.6

Could you install the plugin below and create a duplicator package for me.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Please let me know once you have done this.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

OK, so we updated the php version

hidden link

The issue however still exists. I am sure it is aserver related configuration, but, what? Also when I create that field on my local machine it will not import, perhaps you could see if you are able to import a new form field.

We have fixed it, it turns out it was a modsecutity block. Thank you for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.