Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fields and views do not display in divi builder

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When Visual Editor button is pressed the dialog box that opens in a Divi page builder, displays behind the Divi editor dialog and prevents the user from selecting fields or views.
Solution:
This problem had been fixed by our developers and is not happening anymore.

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 - -
15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by eddyD 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author

Hello,

I can see the fields and views button in divi builder, but the pop-up window with the fields and views stays behind the builder and only appears when closing the divi builder. So, we cannot select any fields.

How come?

Many thanks and best regards,

Ed

Hello,

Can this issue be resolved? Otherwise, I cannot use Toolset in Divi, I'm afraid.

Ed

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

I apologize for the delay here.
Only me and one other supporter work on Weekends, specifically, on Sundays.

Please acknowledge that we do offer an integration for Toolset and the Divi theme.
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/
Can you confirm you are using this integration?
If I understand this wrong, please don’t hesitate to inform me in regard.

I would like to help you more with this issue.
The following procedure may fix the problem with your GUI.
It is known to fix other problems like yours.

INSTRUCTIONS:

IMPORTANT: Backup your website and database
• Deactivate/Delete the "Installer" plugin (if you have it)
• Deactivate all Toolset plugins
• Login via FTP to your wp-content/plugins folder
• Delete all Toolset Plugins folders
• Go to https://toolset.com/account/downloads/ and download the latest stable Types Plugin, then extract it.
• Upload the plugin via FTP to the wp-content/plugins folder.
⌥ Alternatively you could upload the .zip file using Dashboard > Plugins > New > Upload
• Register the Plugin for your site
⌥ you can do that under Dashboard > Types > Settings > Types Tools > Installer
• Download all other needed Plugins
• Activate them in Dashboard > Plugins

In any case, if the above does not work for you could you please share your debug info with me.
You can read about it here:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Also, some more detailed information of steps you took and screenshots can be very helpful for me to reproduce this on my localhost.

Thanks,
Itamar.

Hello Itamar,

I did as you explained, but still the same problem. I can select an item from the fields and views button in normal editor but not in divi builder. The fields and views windows stays behind the builder window. I can type in the fields, so that could be a solution.

Also, why do I get "Instructions: This cell contains shortcodes from the Types and Views plugin. They render the content of the page. You can edit the cell to style it and display other fields. Learn more about the Visual Editor Cell for Text, Images, HTML" on each page, even when I am not logged in?

I hope the integration will become possible.

Ed

Hello,

Once you type a tools field in the divi builder, you can select additional tools fields from the fields and views list (now poppin up in front of divi builder window).

Do you really need Tools Layouts to be able to have all the fields and views available in divi builder or can you switch off Layouts and use the divi builder to make layouts? Making a layout in Tools seems rather complicated or we need some more practice?

Best regards,

Ed

Itamar
Supporter

Hello, Eddy.

Thanks for your replies.

As I've already mentioned Toolset is compatible with the Divi theme.
But as you use the Divi Builder plugin, and it may be that the Toolset Layout plugin is in some collision with the Divi Builder plugin it is worth a trial to deactivate the Layouts plugin and see if things work fine.

It is also possible that there is some collision with other plugins.
I would like to suggest you to try and go for a minimal environment.
What I mean by that is that you deactivate all other plugins besides Divi Builder, Views, and Types and then see if the problem persists.
If the problem disappears at this point so start activating one plugin at a time and after each new activation, check to see if the problem reoccurs to find the collision plugin.

If you still experiencing the same problem after you had tried the above, I'm going to need more information from you.
Screenshots can also be very helpful. If you can include a screenshot that shows what you are doing and the error, it can greatly clarify the problem and let me help you faster.

And also, if you would like me to and to debug further the problem, I’d like to replicate your site locally.
For this, I’ll need to install temporarily a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site.
This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content.
If you agree, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue.
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

If you prefer to do it on your own, you can provide me with the snapshot of your website following these directions:
If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

Duplicator instructions
- From WordPress plugin page, look for “Duplicator” and install it.
- Once installed, you get a new item in the main menu “Duplicator.”
- Chose “Packages.”
- Click on the first button you find in the toolbar on the right (“Create Package”)
- Give it a name or leave it as is
- Click on “Create Package Set.”
- Wait until the package is ready
- Click on “Installer”, then on “Package”: the first one is just a PHP script, the second one is a zip file containing everything you need
- Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big).

IMPORTANT: remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won’t be able to log in.
You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.
Once the problem is resolved, I will delete the local site.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to take a complete backup of your site and database first before you proceed!

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://toolset.com/home/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thanks,
Itamar.

screenlayout.jpg

Hello,

The integration seems to work now.
But how can we get rid of the background color in the post-title row?
How can we get rid of the Toolset instructions on the pages?

Ed

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Eddy.

I'm glad that the integration works fine for you now.

1. Changing the title background color is just a matter of CSS or configuration of your theme options.

2. The Toolset instructions that you see are hard coded inside the Visual
cell editor.
If you are using a Visual cell editor in that layout, just open that cell from the Layouts section and erase this message.

Please let me know if the above solution works for you.

Thanks,
Itamar.

OK now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.