Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fields and Text block not working with Views plugin but does work with Blocks

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidM-17 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
toolset-error.png

I was creating a Content Template. I had the Types and Views plugins installed. I add the Toolset Image and Heading blocks for the featured image and post title. I then added the Fields and Text block to create the post meta and it gave an error "This block has encountered an error and cannot be previewed." I tried a number of troubleshooting steps with no success. Finally I uninstalled the Views plugin and installed the Blocks version and things worked correctly.

I wanted to let you know in case it helps you in the future.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

This is really strange - it should work without any issue and no other user reported such issue yt.

Is there a test site available where i can see the issue? If yes:

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi Minesh,

Thank you for the reply. To replicate the issue, install Types and Views on a new site. Go and create a Content Template for Posts. Add the Featured Image and Post Title and then the Fields and Text block. You should get the error. Next go to plugins, remove Views and add the Blocks plugin. Go back to the template and add the Fields and Text block and you should not get the error message. I was able to reproduce it on a test site.

This is a very large site with proprietary data, so I'd rather not provide a copy. This issue is not currently stopping me. I'm reporting it in case it is helpful.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I just tested with my test site and I've Student post type and I've created a content template that displays a single student post.
=> hidden link

As you can see, I've added featured image, title and then "Fields and Text" block and for me its working just fine.

If you want access details, you can check it using:
=> hidden link
user: demo
pwd: Admin@999

This is the content template: hidden link

Hi Minesh,

Thank you for testing this. I took a look at your test site and could not replicate the issue. It must just be my sites. I'll mark it as respolved.

Best,

David

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.