Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Field grouping not working

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by poM 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

poM

Hi,

I have setup post relationships between "Etablissements" and "Diplômes" custom post types by strictly following this article (https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-groups-of-repeating-fields-using-fields-tables/).

Therefore, the nested children posts view inserted in my parent posts view is always showing "No item found".

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

poM

Hi,

I have found the correct setting in the child view ("Select posts that are a children of the current post in the loop.").

Therefore, using a child field as a filter in the parent view does not seem to work.

Select list is generated but no option are clickable (please see at :hidden link).

Any idea ?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I tried taking a look on the website you provided but it seems that the server is restricted.

Would you mind providing me with access?

I'll enable the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Also for clarity, is the custom field that you are trying to filter for a part of the parent post ?

If you are filtering the Parent Post view using a Child post field then this won't work as the filter only applies for the Parent View.

Filters are only able to work on the data that the view is retrieving the information for.

Could you clarify for me.

Thanks,
Shane

poM

OK, one more Toolset functionality missing...

I'll do it in another way.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.