Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Few bugs using Reusable Block inside the View

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 65 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: Create few Views and inside I have used a reusable block as a single item inside a loop.
The Views that using the same reusable block are more than 13.
10 of these Views using the custom search form.
Now, when I try to open the pages that contain the View, in some pages the single items are displayed correctly, in others are displayed with some issues. When I try to solve the issues, the others Views that were displayed correctly now display the issue and vice-versa...
Then I'm trying to deactivate the reusable block like a normal single block.
Now, the resources on the server are saturated, when I try to save the View I have two error messages, 1 that I'm not online, 2 Something went wrong while fetching the dynamic content from the selected source, with message: "La risposta non è una risposta JSON valida.".
Also, when I try to open the Views in the backend, the search form displays some errors and it needs to rescue the single search field of the form. The search field form of the relationship has lost the relation that I have selected when I have created it, I try to select the relationship but in frontend I cannot select any value from this field, it displays "No results" (i have used the code to have select2 in frontend search form). hidden link
When I try to reopen the Content templates that before has shown me the error messages, The time to open the page is very very long and after it is not opened and show a 503 error message.
And the entire site is very very slow. Until this morning was very very speedy and all works fine...

What could be the issue and what should I do to solve this?

I'm not sure what the problem could be, but I will be glad to take a closer look.

Now, when I try to open the pages that contain the View, in some pages the single items are displayed correctly, in others are displayed with some issues. When I try to solve the issues, the others Views that were displayed correctly now display the issue and vice-versa...
Can you provide some additional details about the display issue you are trying to correct?

Then I'm trying to deactivate the reusable block like a normal single block.
Can you explain what you mean by deactivating the reusable block?

Also, when I try to open the Views in the backend, the search form displays some errors and it needs to rescue the single search field of the form, and "-- seleziona --" is displayed . The search field form of the relationship has lost the relation that I have selected when I have created it, I try to select the relationship but in frontend I cannot select any value from this field, it display "No results"
Which search field are you referring to? I see 3 different search fields on this page:
hidden link

If you'd like to provide a login, I can take a look in the wp-admin area and try to figure out what is going on.

For example, try to open this content template, it contains a view that has the issue on saving...
Unfortunately I am unable to open this content template, I see a 500 server error and the page never loads. If you'd like, I could try temporarily deactivating other plugins and activating a default theme like Twenty Twenty One to see if this allows us to edit the Content Template again.

Also, can you tell me which of these Reusable Blocks was causing problems?
hidden link

We might be able to edit the reusable block directly here instead of using the template editor or View editor.

Also, can you tell me which of these Reusable Blocks was causing problems?
It is this: hidden link
But I think that was a cache error, but I don't know because for some Views works fine, and for Others not, but only in frontend (the button lost the styles, and the Container that contains the image background was lost)... Then I'm entered into the relative View and resave it again. After the resave in the page where the View was displayed, the item was displayed fine, but in other pages where the item was displayed correctly was displayed with issues... then, I have seen that if I transform the Reusable Block into a standard block, the issues were resolved.

Unfortunately I am unable to open this content template, I see a 500 server error and the page never loads.
This is the issue that I have after I have tried to save the new customization in the View and the View returns me the error messages like I'm offline and the reply is not a JSON valid reply. When I'm closing the content template page and try to reopen it, I have this issue. I have this issue also with others Content Templates...

If you'd like, I could try temporarily deactivating other plugins and activating a default theme like Twenty Twenty One to see if this allows us to edit the Content Template again.
I have do that some hours ago, but I didn't get a solution...

Well, if I duplicate the Content Template that I cannot open, I can try to edit the View inside but, if I try to set again the search form fields lost, specially the relationship field, the update button become gray and I cannot save the update. After more time it returns me the error message that the reply is not a JSON reply.. .
And if I go out and try to reopen the Content Template, the server returns error 500...
That it is strange... Until yesterday morning all works fine...

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 8.32.12 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 8.32.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 8.31.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 8.31.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 8.30.49 AM.png

hidden link
This reusable block seems to have several incomplete conditional blocks embedded in its contents. Of 5 conditional blocks, only the last conditional block includes a complete conditional statement. I am attaching screenshots here so you can see what I mean. If this reusable block is embedded in other content, it could be part of the reason you're getting invalid json responses. So correcting or removing these incomplete conditionals is the first step I would take to resolve the problem. It might be easiest to simply remove the conditionals for now, to see if that helps resolve the problem where other content templates cannot be opened or edited.

Have you tried removing these conditional blocks from the reusable block?

Hi Christian,
thank you for your reply.
Well, the Conditionals are incomplete because you need to select the correct post on the top to take the correct values inside the Conditionals... But it is difficult to select the correct post because if I search the post the search doesn't return any value, only the last five posts, and more times not of the CPT that I need to take the correct values. This inside the Content Template and View.

Inside the Block editor, you cannot select the post where the Conditionals can take the correct values to not display the incomplete message.

Then to do this, inside every Views I have "deactivated" the reusable function of the Block.

But the big issue comes when I try to set again the relationship search field...

Inside the Block editor, you cannot select the post where the Conditionals can take the correct values to not display the incomplete message.
Yes, this is a problem in reusable blocks, it is not easy to use dynamic sources in this context. It is better to place conditionals using dynamic sources inside Content Templates, which can be assigned to a post. Then you can select the dynamic sources correctly to create the conditionals effectively. My guess is that you had some conditionals using dynamic sources set up in your content, then converted that content to a reusable block. That broke the dynamic sources assignments somehow, and created a corruption in the database for that reusable block, and that is why it is not possible to edit some templates now that contained that reusable block. I suggest you remove any incomplete conditionals from the reusable block for now, to see if it allows us to then edit the content template that was previously blocked by a server error 500.

But the big issue comes when I try to set again the relationship search field...
Okay I'm not able to see this yet because I'm not able to edit the template containing the View. Let's try to remove the conditionals from the reusable block first, to see if it allows us then to edit the template containing the View. Then we can look at the relationship field next.

Hi Christian,
Open this Content Template where there is a View with the custom search filter and where there isn't the reusable block (the reusable block is converted in normal block), and where all dynamic and conditional content doesn't display issues, and see what happens inside:
hidden link

Ok, I have understood what you tell. The Conditional Logics inside the Reusable Block doesn't was "neutral" but have the value set by CPT "attivita-ricettive" and this breaks all...

I think that this site, toolset.com, has some issues with the cache. Sometimes I see all reply, sometimes only your first reply. In top left menu I see "Log In" but I'm logged in.

Okay I'm looking at the Content Template now and I will give you an update shortly.

I tried to recreate the Comuni filter but the template became unresponsive and now I cannot load the Content Template in the editor again. I'm not exactly sure what's going on here, but there seems to be some corruption in the database. I'd like to try to create a clone of the site so I can investigate further and inspect the database contents. May I install the Duplicator plugin to try to clone this site and continue the investigation?

Edit-Content-Template-‹-Porto-di-Otranto-—-WordPress.png

I have seen a bug, see the screenshot, I think that this generate the issue

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.