Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Featured images suppressed by Types

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ian Henderson 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

One of our Toolset sites has started exhibiting some very peculiar behaviour. Featured images are being suppressed in the back end using the block editor - they are completely missing. I have created a copy of the site on a staging server, and have tested the behaviour on default theme with all plugins disabled. As soon as I enable Types the featured image block disappears in the back end.

I will add login details for the staging version for full testing.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Ian,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've checked the post edit screens (with the new block editor) on your website and can confirm that the option to add/edit the featured image is missing, with Toolset Types plugin enabled.

I couldn't reproduce this issue on my own test website, so I'll need a clone/snapshot of your website for further investigation.

Your next reply is set as private and here are the details on how to share the website's clone/snapshot:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

regards,
Waqar

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Ian

Waqar is off this week, let me step in.

I took a copy of your site and installed it locally, where I can also see the issue.

I noticed that the featured image section is available if you switch to using the classic editor to edit posts, but reverting to the block editor that section is missing.

I've passed the copy of the site on to my colleague to do some further debugging, and I'll let you know what they find.

Hi Nigel

Any feedback on this?

Many thanks, Ian

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry Ian, it has been escalated to the developers, but I don't see any progress in the internal ticket.

I've asked for an update, I'll share what I'm told.

Hi Nigel

Did you get any feedback on this?

thanks
Ian

Nigel
Supporter

I'm still waiting I'm afraid. I have pinged the developers again, but I know they are very busy in the final stages of preparing the new Views/Blocks release.

As soon as I get a reply I'll share it with you.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Ian

I see in the internal ticket the Types developer was finally able to track down the cause, which—although very tangential—was the use of the reserved word "themes" as the slug of your Themes custom taxonomy.

We check slugs for reserved keywords, but somehow the test doesn't include "themes". On my local copy of your test site I changed it to "_themes" to verify, and then the featured image section appeared as normal.

We'll have some work to do in Types to prevent this arising, but for now your issue should be resolved by changing the slug.

Nigel - thank you so much for this! I feel like a bit of an idiot, because I obviously created this problem - clearly too much rush and too little care. But thank you for the assistance and for resolving the issue!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.