Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Featured images stopped dipslaying

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bouchairY 5 years, 7 months ago.

Author

Hello
Suddenly Featured images are stopped displaying in my views
hidden link

Thank you for your help

It seems to me your ShortCode is malformed:

[wpv-post-featured-image size='custom' width='550' height='550' crop='true' attr="class=attachment-portfolio_list size-portfolio_list wp-post-image"]

attr (opt):
'query-string-like value'
Will only work when displaying the full img HTML tag and expects a query-string-like value: attr=”title=a&alt=b&classname=c” will add those attributes to the img HTML tag
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-featured-image

You seem to use a custom size of the Image, so that will not work.

I suggest to not use Custom Sizes at all, it is a performance issue.
Instead, use Sizes that are predefined by the Theme, that will ensure the images are loaded much faster.
Second, the custom sizes cannot be used if you use attr, and viceversa.

This can not have been working previously, unless it would have been an actual BUG, which would now be fixed and the ShortCode cannot work with both attributes, as the DOC outlines.

Maybe you changed the ShortCode itself recently?

Hello
Thank you for your reply

I haven't change any code !

The custom size for images, is a size defined by the theme

When you clikc on filter in the black bar above, the images are displayed well as before

Also, I have a cloned version of this website wich is working well (same credentials for accessing admin area) !

hidden link

Thank you

I cannot be a Custom Size by the theme, since a width and height are passed.

If it is a Custom Size by the theme, the Size attribute will say as example "full", or "thumbnail" or "any_custom_name"

This ShortCode calls images in a custom size, on the fly.
See the difference in this example:

[wpv-post-featured-image size="twentyseventeen-featured-image"]
[wpv-post-featured-image size="custom" width="333" height="222"]

"twentyseventeen-featured-image" is a Custom Image size registered by the theme, while size="custom" width="333" height="222" is a custom size.

You use the "custom" one, and that does not work with the attr.
Attr, as explained, only works with "full".

==> When you clikc on filter in the black bar above, the images are displayed well as before
==> Also, I have a cloned version of this website wich is working well (same credentials for accessing admin area) !

This may be, and still the ShortCode is not to be used like that, as the Documentation explains.
It needs to be used like the Documentation explains, to be properly working

If then the issue still persists, it would be a problem in Toolset.
Right now, it seems the ShortCode is not used as it is intended to.

The ShortCodes if used like that, since not intended to be used as this, should be adjusted.

Hello
Problem fixed
It was an SSL problem
Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.