Skip Navigation

[Resolved] featured image in frontend posting

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Hans Pronk 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am creating a frontend form to enable users to post on the site. All works well now after receiving some help yesterday. Still stuck with one thing: I can not find how/where to include a field to add a featured image to a post. As the featured images are important for the layout I need to find a way to enable this. I guess I have overlooked something so if you could give me a pointer it would be much appreciated
Hans

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-creating-content/

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Screenshot 2019-08-13 at 15.09.00.png

It is likely that the featured image field wasn't included in the default fields and is not available to add to the current form because the settings for the custom post type do not specify support for featured images.

Edit your custom post type at Toolset > Post Types and under "Sections to display when editing..." make sure that Featured Image is checked (screenshot).

Ok, I am using the standard build-in post, and get a "not available for build-in types" under "Sections to display when editing"

Hans

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Screenshot 2019-08-14 at 07.37.15.png

Oh.

If it is the built-in Posts type then it should certainly be included in the form automatically, and if it were not it should be available in the Post elements section to drag and drop into the form (screenshot).

But the fact that it is not added automatically suggests something else is interfering in the process.

Could you please disable all non-Toolset plugins and switch theme to twentynineteen then try again to generate a form to publish Posts. If it now works then it should be possible to determine the source of any conflict by a process of elimination.

Let me know how that goes so I can see how to proceed.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! It was the enfold theme who caused the problem

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.