Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fatal Error when activating Access

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When activating Access a fatal error is mentioned in the Plugins area, the plugin is not activated, but no Fatal error is logged to the error logs.

Solution:
If still "open", use the patch in this erratum: https://toolset.com/errata/unknown-fatal-error-when-activating-toolset-access/

If that erratum is marked as "resolved", just download and install the latest Access version found in your Toolset Accounts Download area.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.27 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Beda 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

When I activate Access or Views, I get fatal error. I can however activate Types and Maps.
I've disabled all plugins and used default theme, but issue persists.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share what fatal error you get when you try to activate the Views or Access?

it just says plugin could not be activated
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please share FTP access details as well.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I will not make changes but I need to debug/check this to know what is the issue.

If you can stop I can start from here. Please reply once you stop working on the site.

Ok, sure. I'm out...

Minesh
Supporter

Unfortunately - FTP access details you shared with me is not working at this end. Can you please send me working FTP access details as well as let me know if I need to use the different port.

My apologies. The ftp address is a .org not a .net

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - mostly it looks like server issue as even I do not see what fatal error occurs - even I do not see any evidence of fatal error on debug log as well.

In order to minimize the cause of the issue and rule out any possible compatibility issue:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

Do you see any difference? If no:
- To ensure that its server issue, please send me a duplicator copy of your install.
More info:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Yea, I've already tried default theme and de-activate plugins. Do you only take duplicator? What about All in one?
WIth All in One plugin, I can upload to Dropbox as I'm not left with much space on server...

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - send me a package using all in one.

Also, do you have access to your server log? Do you see anything with your PHP or apache server log?

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Only a few errors listed from Feb 2019

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - send me a duplicator or all in one package and let me try to install your site on my local test install and check what I see.

Here's a link to an All in One backup file. This file does not include media files.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.