Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fatal Error on Types 2.3-b1

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I'm having problems with the Toolset beta plugins. When I update I see the error "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or $".

Solution: Update to the latest Release Candidate plugins. There was a problem with PHP 5.3 that has been resolved.

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kelvinL-2 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi, you can now find Types 3.0-b1 available for download in the betas channel at https://toolset.com/account/downloads. Please install the latest beta plugin and let me know if the problem is unresolved. Thanks for your patience.

Dear Christian Cox,

I downloaded and installed the Types 3.0-b1, I got an error when trying log into the wp-admin

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or '$' in .../wp-.content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/upgrade/controller.php on line 261

P.S. I removed the whole folder from previous Types and extract the 3.0-b1 version.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Dear Christian Cox,

For more information, I got the same error even I only install the Types 2.3-b1 with a clean wordpress.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/learni64/public_html/hosting/jetso360.hk/demo/backend/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/upgrade/controller.php on line 261

Thanks for the update, I'm investigating now. It appears to be related to the PHP version installed on your server. Is it possible for your host to update your account to PHP 5.6.32 or greater? In my local testing, that version of PHP is supported but I will ask my developers if there is a different minimum cutoff.

Dear Christian Cox,

OK, my php version is 5.3.28, is it must to have at least 5.6.32 or greater?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

I'm trying to get some feedback on this from my development team. In my local testing, I was able to replicate this error in PHP 5.4.45, but not in PHP 5.6.32. I don't have any versions of PHP available in between those, so I'm not able to pin down the minimum version very well. Our documentation says we support PHP 5.3 and above, so I assume this is a bug that must be fixed: https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

However as I said, I'm still waiting on some feedback about this. I apologize for the delay, several people are off because of national holidays.

Dear Christian Cox,

Yes, I install another WP with PHP version 5.6.32, it works. Look forward to hearing from you whether it is must to upgrade the PHP or the bug of the plugins.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 1.52.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 1.50.13 AM.png

Dear Christian Cox,

I made the relationship between two custom posts, Acupuncture Point and Book, I edit an Acupuncture Point post, there is no problem when connect existing book but error when Add New Book, I turn on the browser inspector and find below error

AddNewDialogViewModel.js:48 Uncaught ReferenceError: tinyMCE is not defined
    at Object.self.onSaveNewRelationship (AddNewDialogViewModel.js:48)
    at HTMLDivElement.click (AddNewDialogViewModel.js:114)
    at HTMLButtonElement.d.click (dialog.min.js?ver=1.11.4:11)
    at HTMLButtonElement.dispatch (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-u&load[]=i-tabs,suggest,jquery-ui-position,wp-a11y,underscore,shortcode,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.4:3)
    at HTMLButtonElement.r.handle (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-u&load[]=i-tabs,suggest,jquery-ui-position,wp-a11y,underscore,shortcode,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.4:3)

New threads created by Christian Cox and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/javascript-error-when-using-post-relationship-editor-to-add-new-child-post/

Hi, just a quick note to let you know this PHP version issue will be fixed in the next release, and the betas should work with PHP 5.3.28. I have split your JavaScript error question into a new ticket so we can discuss it in more detail.

Hi, just a quick update to let you know this issue has been resolved in the latest release candidate plugins.

Excellent support.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.