Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fatal Error on the site from Toolset Types

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: Fix fatal error

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Can only be seen on the admin login

I expected to see: dashboard

Instead, I got: error page

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Perry,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I tried logging in but I wasn't able to see any fatal errors.

Can you let me know the exact steps that you did in order to produce this error ?

Thanks,
Shane

About every month when I log into the admin section of this site, I get this error. I have to go in thru SFTP and deactivate the TYPES plugin and then I can successfully log into the admin part of the site. Once the dashboard is working, I can reactivate the TYPES plugin via SFTP and everything works fine (for about 30 days or so). Here are the dates I've received the error (all in 2020): 2/24, 3/24, 4/26, 5/4, 5/20, 6/1 and 6/14.

To be clear -- the actual site still works fine when I get this error -- but the client cannot log into the dashboard. This error has show up ever since I installed the Toolset plugins (around January/Feb of 2020).

So the issue is that I have to fix the problem in order to file a ticket to Toolset -- to get the debug data and create a Duplicate file.

This is the text that shows up when I try to login to admin:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function get_plugins() in /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php:2211 Stack trace: #0 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): WP_Installer->custom_plugins_api_call(false, 'plugin_informat...', Object(stdClass)) #1 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(206): WP_Hook->apply_filters(false, Array) #2 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-admin/includes/plugin-install.php(150): apply_filters('plugins_api', false, 'plugin_informat...', Object(stdClass)) #3 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/analogwp-templates/inc/Utils.php(435): plugins_api('plugin_informat...', Object(stdClass)) #4 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/analogwp-templates/inc/settings/class-settings-version-control.php(94): Analog\Utils::get_rollback_versions() #5 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/analogwp-templates/inc/settings/class-settings-version-control.php(51): Analog\Settings\Version_Control in /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php on line 2211
There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Perry,

Can you perform an update of the plugins by going to the link below.
hidden link

Once you have done this can you continue to monitor the site and let me know if the issue still remains ?

Thanks,
Shane

I just got another message that the error has occurred again. This is the email generated from WordPress:

Howdy!

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, Toolset Types.

First, visit your website (hidden link) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (hidden link) and check for any visible issues.

Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further.

If your site appears broken and you can't access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special "recovery mode". This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further.

hidden link

To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don't worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires.

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
WordPress version 5.4.2
Current theme: Hello Elementor Child (version 1.0.1)
Current plugin: Toolset Types (version 3.3.12)
PHP version 7.3.19

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 2389 of the file /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function get_plugins() in /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php:2389
Stack trace:
#0 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): WP_Installer->custom_plugins_api_call(false, 'plugin_informat...', Object(stdClass))
#1 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(206): WP_Hook->apply_filters(false, Array)
#2 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-admin/includes/plugin-install.php(150): apply_filters('plugins_api', false, 'plugin_informat...', Object(stdClass))
#3 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/analogwp-templates/inc/Utils.php(435): plugins_api('plugin_informat...', Object(stdClass))
#4 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/analogwp-templates/inc/settings/class-settings-version-control.php(94): Analog\Utils::get_rollback_versions()
#5 /home/rpccdev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/analogwp-templates/inc/settings/class-settings-version-control.php(51): Analog\Settings\Version_Control

Shane
Supporter

Hi Perry,

I took a quick look at this for you again and found that After disabling and re-enabling the plugin the issue no longer occurs.

Can you continue to test for me ? If the issue re-occurs I will need to grab a copy of your site for further testing.

Thanks,
Shane

We've had this problem since January. Can you grab the Duplicator copy of the site and start testing it? Luckily the client has dragged his feet on providing content -- but if we get the error every month they are not going to be happy--

Shane
Supporter

Hi Perry,

I was able to check the stack trace and saw that the error is stemming from the analogwp-templates folder and is causing our Types plugin to throw an error.

I've escalated this to our 2nd tier supporters for further checks and debugging.

I will update you as soon as I get any information on the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Perry,

We were able to get to the bottom of this and identified the issue at hand.

If you go to the link below you will see that we have provided a patch that should be able to get this one resolved for you.
https://toolset.com/errata/stylekits-by-analogwp-plugin-causes-fatal-error-in-types/

If there are any issues you can let me know and i'll have a look.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane --

Thanks so much. I'll install the patch and I'll leave this ticket open for a bit to make sure the issue goes away. I appreciate your help --

Thanks,
Perry

Shane
Supporter

Hi Perry,

Happy we were able to provide you with a solution.

As soon as you can verify that this issue is resolved you can go ahead and close this ticket.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.